(platonic) Devil + reader

Requested by iono-sree, hope you like it!

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one.

"(Y/N)! Have you seen Devil around here?!" Fire Spirit asked, making the cookie look up from their book. They raised an eyebrow, and shook their head in response. The answer made Fire Spirit groan.

"Something happened?" They asked, and Fire Spirit wasted no time in grab his cap.

"That little prankster doodled all over my cape while I was sleeping!" He said with a pout, showing them his cape. And sure enough, it was covered in silly doodles.

"Sorry to hear, but I haven't seen him around. I'll keep an eye out" they said, earning a sigh from the legendary.

"Alright, I will continue looking for that little prankster. Thanks (Y/N)" he said before he walked away, finally leaving them alone. They waited in silence for a few minutes and, making sure no one else was around, sighed.

"Okay, he is gone Devil" the cookie said. They heard the sound of leafs moving, and shortly after Devil was sitting at their side.

"About time… hiding in that bush was getting uncomfortable" he said, earning a sigh from the older cookie.

"You wouldn't have needed to hide there if you hadn't done that" they said, grabbing a leaf from his head.

"It was the perfect opportunity! I still think it was worth it" he said, laughing at the end. And they couldn't help but smile.

"Alright alright, seeing Fire Spirit pouting like that was a bit funny. But you still shouldn't prank others" they said, laughing softly when the other pull his tongue out in response.
They returned their gaze to the book, a peaceful silence between them. To their surprise, Devil moved from his spot soon after, trying to look at the book.

"Want to read it with me?" They asked as Devil looked at the pages.

"Too many letters… I'd prefer if you read it to me" he said as he sat down again, resting against their side. And of course, they couldn't say no. Not always Devil asked for something like that after all, as everything related to reading or learning was found "boring" and "dull" from him.

"Of course, I have only read a few pages. Let me go back" they said softly as they turned the pages.

Their peaceful moment was interrupted an hour later by Fire Spirit. "There you are!" He said from afar, making both cookies startled for a moment.

"Ah… guess I gotta go now!" Devil said as he got up from the bench, running away shortly after.

"You need to read me more later!" Was the last thing they heard from the small cookie. They sighed with a smile as they watched Fire Spirit ran behind him.

Some things would never change apparently.