(platonic) Squid ink + reader

Requested by IkdUd3, hope you like it

Note: as gender wasn't specific, reader will use they/them on this one!

They had seen the small cookie a few times, always drawing in the sand or trying to make small sandcastles. And always by themselves. It bothered them a bit, seeing the small one always alone. They even swore they looked kind of sad sometimes.

"One day I need to go down the beach and talk to them" the cookie always thought, but never really had the time to do so. Their work shift usually ended late, and they ended too tired.

At least until one day, when they ended up finishing way earlier than expected. 

They went out of work with a smile, a plan already on their head. While going home and relax sounded like a good plan, they knew it was the perfect opportunity to finally talk to the small one. 

As they expected, the cookie was on the same spot on the beach, already doodling something in the sand with the help of a stick.

"Hi there!" They said in a friendly manner as they approached the cookie, but stopped as the other almost jumped from where they were. 

"Ah sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm (Y/N)" they said with a gentle smile. The small one seemed to relax a bit, but they decided to stay still for the moment.

"I'm… Squid Ink"

"Nice to meet you Squid Ink. Can I see what are you drawing?" They asked, and finally approached them when they nodded.

"That's so cool! Is a friend of yours?" They asked as they kneeled down, looking at the drawing with a smile. It was quite messy, but they could recognize the face of a cookie with what seemed a sailor hat on one side of the head.

"They… Peppermint. They are… a friend" 

"I see. And where are they now?" The cookie asked, as they had never seen Squid Ink with company.

"They went… to a ship… Exploring.. I'm waiting" Squid Ink said, and they could sense the small one was sad from their voice.

"Do you feel lonely all by yourself here?" They asked softly, earning a small nod from the small cookie. 

"How about I come here and keep you company? We could make sandcastles and you can show me more of your sand art" they said with a smile. They were sure some of their coworkers could change their shift some days.

"Would you… do that?" Squid Ink said with a small smile. 

"Of course!"

"That… would be nice..." They said softly, and the cookie couldn't help but smile again.

"Great. Now how about you show me more of your awesome art"