Jujube x reader

Requested by _Namake_ ,hope you like it!

Note: As gender wasn’t specific, reader will use they/them on this one

They had always liked tea. It made them feel calm, and was a great way to warm up when the weather was cold. That was probably why they ended up opening a tea shop in a small town. Everyone around town liked to go at some point of the week as it was a good spot to relax alone or with friends, and they offered a big variety of teas. It was the spot everyone recommended to visitors.

They had noticed a new visitor after a few weeks. A tall cookie with a long bear and a faint smell of tea. He always asked for the same one, and had taken the habit to seat on near the window. They found him intrigued, and found themselves talking to him after a few days.

General Jujube was a great listener, they had discovered. At some point they had started taking small breaks when he was there, sitting with him with their own cup of tea as they talked. His presence made them feel relax at the moment, no matter how stressful the day had been. It became their favorite moment of the day.

"Ah, thank you (Y/N)" Jujube said as they put the two cups on the table. They smiled at him, and quickly took their usual seat across him. He took a small sip, a smile appearing on his face at the moment.

"As good as always" he said, making them smile again. They were very proud of their special tea mix and liked the compliments, but coming from him it meaned a lot more.

"Tell me (Y/N), I noticed you are the only worker here. Don't you have anyone to help you?" Jujube asked. They shook their head, their gaze moving to look at their store.

"No, I'm the only one here. Is my proud and joy" they said, a soft smile on their face as they looked around. Jujube smiled softly at them, enjoying their happy expression.

"Your family must be proud of you, running a shop by yourself requires a lot of hard work and patience" he said. To his surprise, their smile turned into a small frown, their gaze now on the table.

"Ah...my family actually didn't like the idea. Always said I should do something better" they said with a sad smile, making Jujube frown. One of his hand moved to rest on top of their hands, making them look up again. He caressed the top of their hand gently, looking at them with a soft gaze.

"They are wrong. You should be proud of your work, don't let their senseless words affect you" he said with a gentle tone. A small smile appeared on their face, and he smiled at the sign. It was a view he never got tired of seeing.

They stayed in a comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying the others company. Jujube got up after a few minutes, his cup of tea now empty. "I'm afraid should get going, I feel a storm coming this way" he said, taking his weapon again. They got up too, taking the empty cups back to the counter.

Jujube gave their shoulder a small squeeze, a soft look on his face as he looked at them.

"Remember, (Y/N), you need to be proud of your work. And you will always have my support" he said. To their surprise, he leaned and gave their forehead a small kiss before he went outside. He gave them a small bow with a smile, and they bowed back with their cheeks red.

From that moment, they felt proud of their work.