Earl Grey x reader

Requested by KoiAndTea, hope you like it!

Note: reader will use they/them!

The cookie took a depth breath, their hand resting on the familiar doorknob.

It didn't matter how many times they had been there, the nervous feeling still appeared on their chest every time.

But they couldn't help it. The mere thought of being with Earl Grey already made them feel nervous.

The two of them, drinking some tea as they talked, Earl Grey smiling softly at them...

The cookie shocked their head, their cheeks red.

"Not the time to get nervous (Y/N)" they thought, taking another depth breath before opening the door.

"(Y/N), glad to see you arrived" Earl Grey said as they approached their usual spot, a faint blush on his face.

"It's good to see you too, Earl Grey" they said softly, taking their spot in front of the small table.

Numerous pastries were already on top of it, their favourite flowers resting on a crystal vase at the side.

"I prepared your favourite mix for today. I hope you like it" he said softly, a small smile on his face as he handed them their cup.

"I'm sure it will be perfect. Honey?"

"Yes, dear?" Earl Grey answered without thinking, freezing almost at the moment.

Both cookies blushed at the second, their gazes anywhere but the other.

"I… do you have honey... that I could add to the tea?" They finally said, hands playing with the end of their clothes.

"Y-yes, of course! I will be right back with it"

The cookie let out a sigh as Earl Grey disappeared from the room, their cheeks still red.

Their gaze moved to the window at the side, gazing at the big garden as they tried to calm down.

"That was so embarrassing, why did I have to ask for honey like that…"

"Thought he… he made a really cute face" they thought, a soft smile on their face as they gazed at the garden.

The cookie was unaware of Earl Grey's return, too deep in their own thoughts again.

It gave him a moment to just look at them, admiring how the afternoon light illuminated their features.

With a soft smile on his face, Earl Grey approached his usual spot, gently leaving the honey near them.

"Here you go" he said softly, almost making them jump from their spot.

"O-oh! Didn't hear you there. Thank you" they said, cheeks turning red once again as he took his usual spot.

"I apologize, I didn't mean to scare you" he said with a soft chuckle, resting his head in one hand.

"Now, how about you tell me about your day?"