chapter 002 - the turning point

it was 1705 in europe, may wilkins had still been trying to adjust to her life as a vampire.

it had been 84 years since she turned and yet every single day still felt like a struggle.

she didn't enjoy feeding on people and she hated to admit it, but deep down she loved it.

the feeling she got as she drained a person's body was unlike no other and that terrified her.

control, that's what she was searching for. she thought helping a family work on their farm would help her with control.

but one day, may's cravings got the best of her and she felt temptation take over.

her eyes had veins under them and her fangs were poking out, plunging them into the farmers wife's neck.

she kept feeding until the woman died. after the moment was over, she quickly felt guilt take over.

"i can always sense when a person is out of control." she hears someone say and she looked up to see a blonde girl.

"please, you have to get away from me." may said before the girl approached her.

"relax, i'm here to help you. my names alexia." the blonde said as may shock her head.

"you can't help me, no one can." may replied.

"well, i can do this for starters." alexia said grabbing the woman's husband who was hiding in the corner.

"don't be afraid. your wife died from a terrible animal attack. you were very sad about it, but you moved on and you live alone on this farm. you're going to go back inside and forget you ever saw us." alexia said looking into the farmers eyes.

may watched the girl in front of her compel the farmer and she realized alexia was a vampire. she had never met another vampire.

the farmer did just as alexia said and went back into the house.

"you're a vampire." may said.

"yes, a vampire who can help you." alexia replied.

and that is the story of how may and lexi met.

may sat in front of the freshly dug ground where she had watched the sheriff's men bury her.

it upset her to think of her under that ground, no thombstone, no memorial to remember her. just her cold dead body under the ground.

"i'm gonna make him pay for this lex, i promise you." may said.

-

may was in her room when she heard the doorbell ring. she got up to go answer it, seeing damon and stefan we're talking in the living room.

she opened to see the sheriff who injected lexi. she felt her blood boiling.

stefan walked over to may to make sure she didn't lose her cool.

"i'm here to see damon." sheriff forbes said.

"uh, sure. okay." stefan said as damon walked over to the door.

"sheriff. what a surprise." damon said.

"sorry to bother you, but we need to talk." sheriff forbes told him.

"come in." damon said as she stepped inside and he closed the door behind her.

as soon as the sheriff came in, damon pulled her off to a different side of the house and went outside to talk.

the beauty of being a vampire was that stefan and may could listen in on everything they were saying.

"i hope you understand the secrecy. stefan doesn't know about this yet. i'd like to keep it that way." damon said.

"of course. kids are too young to be brought into this. also, who is the girl that answered the door?" sheriff forbes asked.

"oh, that's may wilkins, she's an old friend of stefans she's going to be staying with us for awhile. she's homeschooled. so what do you need?" damon asked her.

"there's been another attack. a female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. it fits the pattern." the sheriff said.

may felt stefan look at her, he wondered if she let her emotions get the best of her.

"don't look at me like that, damon is the only psycho running loose around mystic falls." may said rolling her eyes at him.

"i'm sorry. i don't understand. i thought we solved that problem when i staked the blond one." damon said.

after hearing that, may crushed the glass cup that she was holding in her hand.

"i'm thinking she must have turned someone. or multiple someones, i don't know. the story for the town is another animal attack but i'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them. the council is in an uproar. we thought we were past this." the sheriff said.

"do you think he did it?" may asked stefan.

"i'm not sure what i think anymore." stefan replied.

"well, i'm starting to think there's another vampire in town." may said.

-

may was out at the grill getting a drink when she got a text from stefan.

he was texting her to say that logan fell, a local news broadcaster was the new vampire.

he sent her another text asking her to come to the school and she put her downed her drink before leaving the bar.

she made her way over to the school, keeping an eye out for logan.

she saw him in a car and he parked on the side to talk to caroline. she quickly grabbed her phone and dialed stefans number.

"may, where are you?" stefan asked her.

"i'm in the school parking lot, listen i just saw caroline get in a car with-" may began but got cut off.

"with logan, i know. i need you to follow them, damon is on his way and we're gonna stop him." stefan said.

"i'm on it, i'll text you the location when you're with damon." may said before she hung up.

she used her vamp speed to follow behind logans car and she saw him stop at a stop sign on elm street.

she used this as her chance to rip the door open and throw logan out of the car.

logan tried to get back up but damon and stefan got out of their car and damon shot him a few times with wooden bullets, making him fall to the ground.

"paybacks a bitch, isn't it? get her out of here." damon said.

stefan and may went to help caroline while damon dealt with logan.