chapter 061 - the killer

stefan and may went to the grill to make sure the others didn't kill connor

may knew stefan was in a difficult spot since he couldn't tell anyone why connor couldn't be killed.

when they returned to talk to elena and damon, they were in alaric's loft.

alaric had underground tunnel maps to almost everywhere in mystic falls.

"did you find the tunnel map?" stefan asked.

"got it. it was in his weapon's drawer with seven stakes, a weird macgyver crossbow, and the last remaining vervain in mystic falls. so, how about we get this party started?" damon said.

"not yet. klaus is sending one of his men. he'll take the front and you, may and i can take the tunnels." stefan said.

"since when do we team up with klaus and the lollipop guild?" damon asked.

"well, i already told you, connor has werewolf venom. we need someone to draw his fire, the hybrids are immune to it, so they're our best bet." stefan said.

"well, how are you sure he even has werewolf venom? why is klaus involved, stefan?" damon asked.

"oh, stop being paranoid, damon." stefan said.

"start telling the truth... stefan. why is klaus involved? did he compel you?" damon asked.

"i am telling you the truth, this is the best way to get everyone out." stefan said.

"okay, what is with you two? we're wasting time!" elena said.

"you know what, she's right. screw your plan. i'll kill connor myself." damon said before stefan staked him in the back with a vervain dart.

"stefan!" elena shouted.

stefan put damon down on the couch while he was passed out.

"nice going, stefan." may said.

"why are you doing this?" elena asked him.

"damon had the right idea with the tunnels, but i'm not going to go in there if i can't count on him to do it my way." stefan said.

"if you can't count on him? you just vervained him!" elena said.

"do you think he cares about april or matt? he'll get jeremy out for you, but then he'll go right after connor no matter who gets hurt." stefan said.

"he's right, elena. damon not coming is for the best." may said.

"then i'm coming with you guys." elena said.

"you're not coming with us, elena!" stefan argued.

"you need my help!" elena said.

"what if connor attacks and you have to defend yourself? and what if you kill him? the guilt will wreck you." stefan said.