chapter 108 - promised land (2)

"i'd invite you to stay for dinner, but i'm not very familiar with the traveler cuisine. although i'm sure it involves lots of trail mix and gruel." damon said.

"i think i'll take this wall down. i love an open floor plan." markos said.

in the distance, may could hear julian talking to damon from the basement. he wanted damon to use the element of surprise since markos didn't know they had julian.

"well, all i can ask is that you leave me with a couple great bottles of wine. you know, i've spent half my life shoplifting the stuff. i'm assuming you want to see the wine cellar." damon asked him.

markos agreed and the three of them went down into the wine cellar.

"i just adore wine, don't you?" may asked markos.

"i indulge in it, yes." markos replied.

"ah. here's something you don't see every day." damon said picking up a french bottle of wine.

"fancy." may said.

"i think i won this in a poker game. i don't know, maybe stefan brought it back from the war. i don't remember." damon said.

"where's your brother? i was hoping he'd be here. the doppelgängers seemed to have slipped away without saying goodbye." markos said.

"weird, they're usually the ones with manners." may said.

"that's a good question. why don't we find out? after you." damon said before markos went back upstairs.

damon passed a key to may and she slid it under the door for julian to undo his restraints.

-

damon called stefan but he didn't answer his phone.

"well, stefan isn't picking up. so, he might just be out of cell phone minutes." damon said before they heard a thud in the distance.

"what kind of game are you two playing?" markos asked.

"why don't you ask him?" may asked before julian got on top of markos.

julian bit into markos' neck and he threw him off of him.

"took you long enough." damon said.

"my fangs. what the hell happened to my fangs?" julian asked since they disappeared.

"what?" damon said before him and may started to burn in the sun.

"what's happening?" may asked.

"we have a problem." damon said trying to walk back into the sun a second time, only to get burned.

they saw the travelers were starting to wake up again making them panic.

"now, what were you saying about this being your home?" markos asked.

damon grunted and he started to get blood around his stomach.

may felt a lump form in her throat and she started to cough up blood unconditionally, making her fall to her knees.

"like i said, the spell will continue to unravel spirit magic as it spreads. which means you're not long for this world." markos said looking at julian.