chapter 018 - plan b (1)

they brought liz to the salvatore boarding house and they were going to make her stay in the basement until the vervain left her system and they could compel her.

"hey. sorry that took forever. i just didn't know how long my mom was gonna be here." caroline said as she entered with her mom's things.

"damon says it'll take three days tops for the vervain to leave her system. maybe even sooner." elena told her.

"hey." caroline said to stefan and may.

"hey." they both replied.

"get some bunny in you?" caroline asked stefan.

"yeah, feeling much better, thank you." stefan replied as they made their way downstairs.

damon was watching as liz called her work to make sure she told them she was gonna be out sick.

"keep caroline away from me, please. i don't wanna see her." they heard liz say.

"she's your daughter, liz." damon told her.

"not anymore. my daughters gone." liz said as may placed her hand on carolines shoulder.

"you have no idea how wrong you are about that." damon said before caroline left and elena went after her to make sure she'd be okay.

may felt bad for caroline. she wasn't sure if her mother would ever be okay with her daughter being a vampire.

after damon had left liz alone, may went in the room and she looked afraid.

"you don't have to be afraid of me ms. forbes. i just came to talk." may said before she sat down.

"how long have you been a vampire?" liz asked her.

"since 1621. not by my own choice i was dying of scarlet fever and this woman pitied me... she saw something in me that showed i was worth living. just like how caroline was." may said as liz made eye contact with her.

"what are you talking about?" liz asked her.

"caroline wasn't going to survive that car accident so damon gave her some blood and it healed her until someone killed her and she turned... it wasn't her choice but she's trying. ms. forbes your daughter needs you and you need her. i just hope one day you can see that." may said before she went back upstairs.

-

may and damon were sitting in the living room when they heard a knock at the door.

damon got up to go answer it and they saw jeremy.

"little gilbert." may said.

"i need to talk to you guys." jeremy said.

"and when i need to talk to you-" damon said but he ended up trying to close the door on him but jeremy closed it open.

"tyler has to kill someone to activate his curse. he's not a werewolf yet." jeremy said.

"wow, fascinating. not enough." damon said.

"yeah, we figured as much." may said.

damon tried closing the door again making jeremy push it once again.