chapter 071 - bring it on (1)

after may and caroline left, stefan and damon stayed with elena but she still wanted to go through with burning her house down.

after her house went up in flames, elena was now going to be living permanently at the salvatore boarding house.

may, stefan and damon were talking while elena was in the shower.

"so that's the plan? you're gonna take her back to school?" damon asked.

"well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" stefan asked.

"i don't know. we got a free meal out of it." damon said.

"well, we can't be drawing attention to ourselves right now. especially not with bonnie father as the new mayor." may said.

"look. do you think i want to go to school and play chaperone? you two can't go because you're not students. besides, someone has to go look for katherine. i mean, elena needs this cure now more than ever." stefan said.

"not that anyone asked me, but i think taking her back to school is a great idea." caroline said walking into the room with her robe.

"why are you here?" damon asked her.

"uh, blame it on your fancy water filters. your house has the only vervain free showers in town." caroline said.

"oh, yeah. the mayor put vervain in the water supply. so many people to kill." damon said.

"okay, but we can't just kill bonnie's father." may said.

"yeah, and my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help." caroline said.

"fine. i'll go after the psychotic doppelgänger. stefan, you gonna go talk to the sheriff? blondie, take her to school. and may... i don't care what you do." damon said.

"charming, i think i'll join stefan since frankly i'd rather not have another run in with katherine the cure stealing, doppelgänger bitch." may said.

"sounds like fun." elena said walking into the room naked.

"well... hello, elena." may said.

"what? it's nothing you guys haven't seen before. and as for the "going to school" idea... i've got nothing better to do." elena said wrapping a towel around her.

stefan cleared his throat and looked at damon, nudging his head towards elena.

"elena, it would make me very happy if you were in school today and studied hard... you know, get involved in whatever activities, and please, for me, no matter what, don't eat anyone. okay?" damon said to her

-

"the entire supply of blood from the hospital, all the reserves, gone, just vanished." sheriff forbes said.

"i don't understand. are you accusing us?" stefan asked.

"because damon is finally behaving, sheriff... i swear it's not us." may said.

"no, i'm not accusing you, but this town is at a tipping point. any more unexplained house fires, and things are gonna boil over. i'm sorry. i know it's not your fault. it's been a rough week. miranda gilbert was one of my best friends in high school. to see what's happened to her family... it's just..." sheriff forbes trailed off.

"it's not right, trust us when we say we understand." may said.

"look, liz... if there's anything we can do to help, i promise we will." stefan said.

"anything at all." may added.

"good. you need to. whoever stole that blood put a lot of lives in danger and risks exposing all of you, my daughter included. so who can you think of that wants blood that bad, who would be so careless?" liz asked them.

immediately may's mind went to elena. she didn't want believe elena would do it but considering her humanity was off, she didn't know what to think.

-

may was in her room taking a nap when she heard music blaring downstairs. she grabbed her robe and headed downstairs to see a bunch of teenagers in her house.

she saw elena was dancing with a bunch of people so she went to find stefan.

"what the hell is going on here?" may asked him.

"elena decided to throw a party." stefan said rolling his eyes.

"i got here as soon as i could. this is insane." caroline said as she finally arrived.

"yeah. it won't last. they'll either drink all the booze and get bored, or damon will come home and kill everyone." stefan said.

"considering they woke me from my nap i might just kill me everyone." may said.

"wow, lexi would so make fun of you right now." stefan joked as may smacked his arm.

"we can't compel them to leave. the locals are all on vervain from the town water supply." caroline said.

"yeah." stefan said before grabbing a bottle of booze.

"so, what do we do?" caroline asked.

"i don't know. enjoy the party, keep elena from butchering grove hill's cheerleading squad." stefan said drinking from the bottle.

"great. and where is she?" caroline asked.

"where do you think?" stefan said pointing to a table where she was dancing.

"i almost forgot what that was like." caroline said.

"what? elena smiling?" stefan said.

"no. fun. i mean, look at her. yes, this is all very bad, but doesn't she make you just want to let go?" caroline said.

"well, unfortunately i have this little problem when i, uh, party too hard. i end up killing people." stefan said.

"well, your sober coach is giving you the green light. i mean, come on. you are at a kegger full of hot girls, and you're single, and you're well, you." caroline told him as they all shared the bottle of booze.

"i agree, stefan. let loose for once." may said.

"so, what am i supposed to do, just grab some girl, throw her over my shoulder, take her out onto the dance floor?" stefan asked.

"just take your own advice. have fun, you know? we deserve a little bit of fun." caroline said.

"okay." stefan said before picking up caroline and throwing her over his shoulder.

"whoa! i didn't mean me!" caroline said laughing as stefan brought her out onto the dance floor.

"yeah, stefan!" may cheered out as she hugged the bottle of booze.