chapter 090 - handle with care (2)

"he's with tessa. why does he keep going back to her?" elena asked damon over the phone.

"look, who knows? amnesia-stef is a fickle little..." damon began but they heard silas cut him off.

"wait. you didn't tell elena what you did to stefan?" silas asked damon.

"tell me what?" elena asked him.

"silas needed his psychic juju to get into tessa's head. and the only way to temporarily reactive his abilities was to break stefan's neck... a couple times." damon explained.

"you guys are so in trouble." may snickered.

"as if he didn't hate us enough. damon, i'm going over there." elena said.

"she should, really. tessa's bad business." silas said.

"no. just let stefan have his space. just like you said, he's already mad enough." damon said.

"sounds like he's more mad at you. maybe he and i can find some common ground." elena said before she hung up.

"ooh, i like this elena." may said with a smirk.

"let's go talk to this crazy bitch." elena said.

-

elena and may finally showed up at tessa's house and she opened the door.

"well, if it isn't stefan's fated love and his best friend." qetsiyah said.

"where is he?" elena asked.

"come on in. who am i to stand in the way of destiny?" qetsiyah said as elena and may walked in.

"elena, may. you guys shouldn't have walked through that door." stefan said.

"come on, you're mad at me now, too?" may asked.

"i'm really sorry. i wouldn't have let damon do what he did to you..." elena began but stefan cut her off.

"sure you would have. you have this annoying tendency to do anything he tells you to do." stefan said.

"i'm not shrink, but i think it's called co-dependence." qetsiyah said.

"look, i get that you're upset with us for pretty much everything. but do you really think that sleeping with tessa is gonna solve anything?" elena asked.

"who said i was sleeping with tessa?" stefan asked making elena glare at qetsiyah.

"i am so bad with messages. oh, look. elena called. she and may are wondering why you're here. i may have embellished for effect." qetsiyah said.

"you sneaky bitch." may said.

"okay. i just came by to make sure she hadn't done some like fatal attraction spell on you. but now that i know that you're good, i'm gonna go. may?" elena said.

"yeah, we should get going." may said before they got stopped at the door.

"what the hell is this?" may asked not being able to get out of the house.

"yeah, you guys really shouldn't have come inside." stefan told them.

"i see that now, thank you." may replied.