chapter 012 - isobel

ever since stefan was locked up, he seemed like he was going through a lot.

"it's so hard to see him locked up like this." elena said.

"you're the one who locked him up." damon reminded her.

"you helped." elena replied.

"she's right." may said looking at damon.

"you helped too. i couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires, now could i?" damon asked.

"it had nothing to do with you actually caring about him." elena said as a snarky remark.

"your thing, not mine." damon said before he walked away.

may stayed with elena and looked at stefan who was just laying down.

"do you think he's in pain?" elena asked her.

"blood starvation is a bit different than regular starvation. you feel your body getting weaker, you blood boiling, you skin burns like sandpaper." may said as elena let out a sigh.

"you never really talk about what being a vampire is like for you." elena said.

"what is there to talk about?" may said as she thought back to her family.

"well, i'm sure you were turned by someone." elena said.

"i was, a woman turned me because i was sick." may told her.

"do you ever miss being human?" elena asked as her and may locked eyes.

may paused for a moment before answering the question. of course she missed it. she didn't regret being a vampire but she wished her human life wouldn't have ended so soon.

"i think sometimes i just wish my human life would've lasted longer." may replied simply with a sad smile.

before the day had ended, stefan was back and elena had her boyfriend again.

-

may was at the school with stefan, elena and alaric meeting in his classroom since he had something to tell them.

may could tell by the look on elena and stefan's face, they already knew what it was.

damon finally walked into the classroom after waiting for him.

"damon. thanks for coming." alaric said.

"sorry i'm late. the dog ate my, uh...never mind." damon said as he looked at the expression on stefan and elena's faces.

"what's with all the furrowed brows?" damon asked.

"that's also something i'd like to know." may spoke up.

"i saw isobel last night." alaric said.

"wait, you what?" may asked as her expression change.

"isobel's here? in town?" damon asked as alaric nodded his head.

"ironic how she comes in town around the same time as john gilbert." may said.

"did you ask about uncle john? are they working together?" damon asked alaric.

"no." alaric replied.