chapter 069 - stand by me (1)

they finally made it to the caves where silas and the cure were

they finally made it to the caves where silas and the cure were. when they got down there they heard fighting and saw a hunter run off.

"damon!" stefan shouted when he saw damon's neck tied to a pole.

"who that hell was that?" may asked as he disappeared.

they caught damon in the loop while they tried getting the vervained ropes away from damon's neck.

"you're wasting time. just get the cure. go." damon said.

"we're not gonna leave you." elena said.

"no, we aren't. you guys need to go ahead. we'll be right behind you. go." stefan told elena and may.

"don't die." may told stefan before she left.

elena and may were walking down the cave and they heard someone following them.

"stefan?" elena shouted out.

"bonnie?" may shouted.

no one responded but they heard someone coming closer.

"hello?" elena said.

"elena." a voice said making the two girls turn around.

when they turned around, they were face to face with someone they didn't expect to see.

"katherine?" may said.

"no." elena said before katherine tackled her to the ground.

katherine knocked both elena and may out.

stefan ended up finding them and elena was missing some clothes. katherine stole them.

"guys. what happened?" stefan asked.

"she's here!" elena asked.

"who?" stefan asked her.

"that bitch katherine. that's who." may replied.

-

elena, may and stefan finally found silas but they noticed jeremy was on the ground with blood coming out of his neck.

may noticed she couldn't hear his heartbeat and she looked at stefan who was looking at elena.

"jeremy! oh, no. no. no. no. oh, god, no. oh, god... it's fine. it's fine. it's fine. you're gonna be ok. the ring will bring you back. it's okay. it's okay. you're gonna be okay. you're gonna be okay, jeremy. you're gonna be fine." elena said when she saw his ring.