chapter 020 - masquerade (1)

may and stefan were back home and damon was getting ready to dispose of mason's body since he had killed him.

"all this for that?" damon asked as stefan passed him the moonstone.

"yup. i see you've exercised your usual restraint." stefan said looking at the rolled up corpse.

"had to be done." damon said as he took mason's phone.

"can't say he didn't have it coming." may said.

"carol. big opportunity in florida. gonna be gone. for a long time. will send for my things once i get settled. much love, mason." damon said as he sent the text from mason's phone.

"let's get rid of the body." stefan said.

"that's a sentence i never get tried of hearing." may said sarcastically.

"ooh. last number dialed. i wonder who that could possibly be." damon said.

"no, no, no. don't provoke her." stefan said before damon dialed.

"mason, you should've been here an hour ago." katherine said.

"wrong boy toy." damon said into the phone.

"damon. for once, you've surprised me. i assume mason's with you?" katherine asked.

"he's right beside me. although his heart's across the room." damon told her.

"you shouldn't have." katherine said.

"i've had a very busy day today. killed a werewolf. found the moonstone. hey, did you know that he hid the moonstone in a bottom of a well full of vervain? guess he didn't trust you very much. although he did love you. poor guy. hey, where are you? because i can bring him over. last goodbyes and all that." damon said.

"you have no idea what you've just done." katherine told him.

"aw did i put a kink in your master plan? i'm so sorry." damon said in a fake pouting voice.

"do you honestly believe that i don't have a plan b? and if that fails, a plan c, then a plan d, and you know how the alphabet works, don't you? send my love to stefan." katherine said before she hung up the phone.

"great." may said in an annoyed tone.

that night katherine ended up compelling jenna to stab herself in the stomach.

that was the last straw to get elena and stefan to break up.

-

may and stefan walked out into the living room since caroline had something to tell them.

"is everything okay?" may asked.

"what happened?" stefan asked.

"go ahead, tell them. you guys are gonna love this." damon said.

"well, out with it." may said getting impatient.

may wasn't the most patient vampire.

"i saw katherine today." caroline told them.

"where?" stefan asked her.

"at the grill. i just stopped by to just gawk and quasi stalk matt." caroline said.

"skip the teen drama. get to it." damon told her.