chapter 099 - show me your teeth

stefan and elena found damon and they had him chained in the cellar of the salvatore boarding house.

may and caroline were in the living room drinking since she had a difficult moment with tyler.

"hey, when did you get here?" stefan asked looking at caroline.

"about one and a half of these ago. you were right. i brought this on myself. i knew the klaus thing was going to come with consequences. i guess now i just have to deal with it and learn from my mistakes." caroline said.

"glad i could help. so did you find matt?" stefan asked.

"yes, and tyler was right. nadia's been compelling him to forget things." caroline said.

"what do you mean, what kind of things?" stefan asked.

"who knows? he tried to message me, but nadia stopped him. help k was all i got." caroline said showing them the text.

"i wonder who k is." may wondered but they all shrugged.

"so you and elena? what's the verdict?" caroline asked.

"um, well... the verdict is... she's acting strange. she kissed me." stefan said.

"she what?" may asked as the three of them sat down on the couch.

"excuse me?" caroline asked.

"yeah. my car broke down, so we got a hotel room so she could shower, and..." stefan began but caroline cut him off.

"woah, woah, woah, woah. you guys got a hotel room? with a shower?" caroline asked.

"a hotel room with one shower and one bed?" may asked.

"yeah, but it wasn't like that. i mean, i stopped it. i couldn't do that to damon." stefan said.

"yeah, but she could. i just... i don't get it. she knows that this would destroy him. what is...? what is she doing?" caroline asked.

"i can't believe we're talking about elena." may said.

"that's what i mean. it's like she's... given up on damon. and he thinks that she was trying to get me to kill him tonight." stefan said.

"no. i mean, she may be mad at him, but she would never want him dead." caroline said.

"unless... matt texted you help k, before nadia stopped him." stefan said as may caught on to what he was saying.

"don't you dare say what i think you're going to say." may said.

"k as in katherine. and when katherine was dying... nadia figured out a way to put katherine's spirit inside nadia's body." stefan said.

"yeah, but that didn't happen because katherine had a change of heart." caroline said.

"guys, when has katherine pierce ever had a change of heart in the history of time?" may asked making the two others look at her.

"no. no you guys don't think that... it's... no, it's impossible that she... but we would've noticed. it's elena. we know her. oh, my god." caroline said after the realization hit.

katherine was inside elena's body. her body may have died but her spirit was now a passenger inside elena's body.

"katherine pierce needs to be put down once and for all." may said.

-

stefan was telling damon about their discovery while may was with caroline.

caroline was telling matt and tyler about what was going on. jeremy was also on the phone so him and bonnie could be in the loop.

"hang on, here. katherine's still alive? how is that even possible?" matt asked.

"remember that time nadia's ex, gregor, hitched a ride in your head? okay, well, it's kind of the same thing. katherine is a passenger in elena. except it's worse, because none of us seemed noticed." caroline said.

"she was at my house. how did none of us figure it out?" tyler said.

"because it's katherine. and she's smart and conniving and sneaky and we're the worst friends ever." caroline said.

"no, don't blame yourselves. katherine has seriously outdone herself this time." may said.

"this makes no sense. she saved my life. she gave me CPR when enzo tried to kill me. katherine would never do that." jeremy said.

"but elena would." may said.

"that's what made her so believable. she played elena to a tee. if she let you die, her cover was blown." bonnie said.

"i was sleeping three feet away from her. she picked out my bitter ball dress. and i let her use my toothpaste." caroline said.

"yeah, well, did she lure you into a hotel room to make out with you?" stefan asked once he came up from the basement.

"she's the reason i found out about you and klaus." tyler said.

"of course. oh, my god." caroline said.

"so how do we kill the bitch?" tyler asked.

"great question, stefan?" may said knowing he had an idea.

"well, passengers can be expelled from the host. i saw it happen with matt. gregor died and matt lived. all we have to do is stab her with the traveler knife." stefan said.

"i still have the knife that nadia gave me." matt told him.

"perfect, go get it." stefan said.

"wait, hold on. guys, this is katherine that we're talking about. she's gonna see a sneak attack coming from a mile away. we got to get her to come to us. get her guard down, corner her." caroline said.

"caroline's right. we can't just sneak up on her." may said.

"fat chance you'll be seeing her today. i'm pretty sure i bit nadia." tyler said.

"back up, what?" may asked.

"what do you mean you bit her?" matt asked him.

"i mean she was attacking caroline and i might have nipped her a little." tyler said.

"and you're just mentioning this now?" matt asked him.

"hey, guys, focus. tyler's right. katherine is not going to leave nadia's side unless not leaving compromises her identity." caroline said.

"which means?" matt asked her.

"we got to invite her to something that elena can't say no to." caroline said.

"what are you thinking, caroline?" may asked her.

"a surprise party." caroline replied.

"i like it, who is it for?" may asked her.

"for bonnie, no way she'll be able to say no to that." caroline said.