chapter 076 - she's come undone (1)

"she's desiccating. what's the plan now?" may asked referring to elena.

"she's the calmest desiccating vampire i've ever seen. i remember when you guys starved me down there for 3 days. i would've wept at your feet for an orange peel." damon said passing stefan and may a drink.

"contrary to popular belief damon, women are a lot stronger than men." may told him as she took a sip from her drink.

"look, she's not gonna beg for blood. begging means desperation. emotion. she's still in no humanity zone." stefan said.

"how hungry does she have to be before we can torture some feelings back into her?" damon asked.

"a lot hungrier than she is now, apparently." stefan said.

"so, what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" damon asked.

"maybe i can provide a little excitement." katherine said as she walked in.

"katherine." stefan said.

"the one and only. sort of. so, when's the welcome home party?" katherine asked before she went to pour herself a drink.

"wow. look who went and got bold. last time i check, klaus was plotting your eternal demise." damon said.

"yeah, should we tell him you're here?" may asked.

"well, it doesn't matter anymore, because klaus is gone." katherine replied.

"wait. what do you mean he's gone?" stefan asked.

"let's just say that werewolf girl hayley turned out to be just the thing we needed to get klaus out of our lives for good." katherine replied.

"you've peaked my interest." may admitted.

it turns out that klaus had gotten hayley pregnant.

-

may decided to take the lead on trying to get elena back since she learned everything she knew from lexi.

she was letting damon try to get into elena's thoughts and get her humanity back on.

may knew since damon was the last person elena had feelings for, he had a chance at getting her back.

"you still have her locked in the safe? you've been in her head for an hour. what, still nothing?" stefan asked when he came down.

damon had elena locked in a safe to add to desiccation.

"i once spent two days in your head, let's not question my methods." may told stefan.

damon opened the safe to check on how elena was doing.

"how you doing in there? come on. is the old you ready to come out and play?" damon said pulling elena out of the safe but she was too weak to do anything.

"go to hell." elena replied.

"okay. back you go." damon said locking her back in the safe.

"she's gonna be tougher to crack than i thought." may said.

"we can do this the nice way, or we can do it the other way, but either way, we're not stopping until you turn your humanity switch back on. so i'm gonna let you think about that, and i'm gonna come back for you in a couple hours or a couple years because all we have is time." damon said before patting the safe.