chapter 080 - graduation (1)

a hunter from the island came to try and get his ghostly revenge on damon but stefan ended up ripping the hunters heart out.

"so the veil's down until tonight. he dies, goes to the other side, and what... comes back all over again? how long does that take?" lexi asked as stefan got them a glass of blood.

"guess we'll just have to wait and see." may said.

"guess so." lexi replied.

"what, they don't give you a rule book over there?" stefan asked as he gave the girls their glasses.

"ha ha. you know, you're missing your chance to weigh in on the great elena gilbert cure debate." lexi said.

alaric had given damon the cure and now him and jeremy were trying to convince elena to take it.

"yeah, you should be upstairs with them." may said.

"what am i supposed to do, tell her it's her choice? because that worked out so well. you know, it's funny. those two are in there arguing about how to protect the world, and they have yet to address their biggest issue." stefan said.

"enlighten me." lexi said.

"sire bond's gone. elena's emotions are back. she finally knows exactly how she feels." stefan said.

"and what if whatever she feels if for you?" lexi asked him.

"she's the love of my life. i'd go back to her in a heartbeat, but if that's not how she feels, then maybe that's exactly what i need to hear to get my ass out the door. maybe i will move to australia. i can live in a yurt." stefan said.

"wherever you go, i'm coming with you." may said.

"cheers to that." lexi said as they tapped their glasses together.

the hunter suddenly stood up, he was back from the dead.

damon came downstairs and threw the cure at the hunter.

"here." damon said as the hunter looked at it with wide eyes.

"what the hell are you doing?" stefan asked him.

"digging up silas. you coming, vaughn, or not?" damon asked the hunter before he followed behind damon.

elena walked downstairs and she had a shocked expression on her face.

"what just happened?" may asked.

-

"we have to do something. if those hunters give the cure to silas..." elena began as she paced.

"they're not giving it to silas. wherever damon has taken vaughn right now, it's a stall because damon hasn't had time to bury silas' body yet. and that's all you need to know right now." stefan said.

"okay. fine. we're stalling the hunters, but damon is still dying." elena said.

damon ended up getting shot with a bullet laced with werewolf venom and he hadn't told anyone until elena figured it out.

"it was one bullet, and it was only laced. we still have a little bit of time. i will go to new orleans myself, and i will beg klaus if i have to." stefan said.

"damon will be okay." may told elena.

"then it's settled. you're going to your graduation." jeremy intervened and they noticed he was holding elena's cap and gown.