chapter 014 - the return

john gilbert had been attacked by katherine while she was pretending to be elena.

she ended up kissing damon while he thought she was elena but stefan hadn't been fooled by her tricks.

may still hadn't seen katherine herself but she knew she would pop up eventually.

may was at mayor lockwood's funeral and she saw a new face talking to tyler.

while she was listening in on their conversation, she found out he was mason lockwood, tyler's uncle.

may and damon were eating some fruit when bonnie approached them.

"did you know the gilbert device affected tyler lockwood?" bonnie said as may turned to her.

"really?" may said as she popped some grapes into her mouth.

"well, i know it took the mayor down." damon said.

"don't you wanna know why?" bonnie asked.

"yes, bonnie, i would love to know why a non vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let john gilbert use against us. speaking of your guilt, how's caroline?" damon asked.

while tyler was driving away from the town on founder's day, he crashed after hearing the gilbert device with caroline and matt in the car.

matt and tyler were fine but caroline ended up in the hospital and was close to dying until damon gave her some of his blood.

"she's much better." bonnie told him.

"you're welcome." damon replied.

"no, you're welcome." bonnie said making damon turn to her.

"why am i welcome?" damon asked her.

"you lived to see another day." bonnie said.

"harsh." may said eating some more fruit.

"no good deed goes unpunished with you, does it?" damn asked her.

"doesn't undo the bad. i know what you are, damon. you might have elena and the sheriff and everybody else fooled. but not me." bonnie said.

"well, he doesn't have me fooled darling." may said as damon scoffed.

"one wrong move and i'm gonna take you out." bonnie told him.

"now, you need to stop with the witches' brew. you're starting to believe your own press. hmm?" damon said.

may noticed damon was groaning and holding his head which made her laugh.

"oh. i'm sorry. you were saying?" bonnie said before she walked away.

-

may was getting a drink when she saw stefan and elena talking but then when she looked outside, she saw damon... talking to elena.

she felt anger rush through her and she headed towards stefan and "elena"

"hello katherine." she said making her appearance known.

"mabel. i thought you died oh wait... that was your best friend." katherine said as may scoffed and stabbed her in the hand with a toothpick.

"may, calm down." stefan said making sure people hadn't seen her do that.

"you may be 100 years older katherine but i will destroy you if you so much as think to hurt my best friend." may said.

"always so threatening. walk with us mabel." katherine said as may rolled her eyes and they walked along the pond.

"the lockwoods have a lot more land than they used to. possessions of all the tomb vampires built them quite a fortune." katherine said.

"yeah, why did you want them dead? hmm? you're the one who turned most of them." stefan said.

"there's nothing more annoying than a vengeful vampire, stefan. just ask john gilbert." katherine said.

"i will admit, he deserved that." may said.

"god, i forgot how charming british accents were." katherine said pointing out may's accent.

"you haven't changed at all, have you?" stefan said to katherine.

"but you have. you're stronger. meaner. sexy." katherine said as may gagged.

"don't flirt with me, katherine. i'm not damon. i haven't spent 145 years obsessed with you." stefan said.

"yeah, based on your choice of women, i'd say otherwise. though i'll admit, it does bother me that you've fallen in love with someone else." katherine said.

"oh, i was never in love with you, katherine. you compelled me. so none of my feelings were real." stefan told her.

"believe what you want, stefan. but i know the truth. and deep down, so do you." katherine said getting close to stefan and smiling at him.

"oh, please." may said rolling her eyes.

"the truth? well, the truth is you're the same lying, selfish... manipulative bitch that you've always been. so whatever it is that brought you here...why don't you just get on with it and leave town? because of you don't, i will hunt you down and i will rip your heart out." stefan told her.

may couldn't help but grin because of how proud she was of stefan for standing up to her.

"you wanna know why i'm here, stefan? i came back for you." katherine told him.

"well, the problem, katherine... is that i hate you." stefan said.

katherine grabbed a metal object that was on the ground and stabbed stefan in the stomach with it, making him groan.

"you hate me, huh? that sounds like the beginning of a love story, stefan, not the end of one." katherine said before taking the objet out of his stomach and using her vamp speed to go away.

"stefan, are you okay?" may asked going to check on him.

"i'll be fine, just go tell elena and damon." stefan said as may nodded her head.

once she found elena and damon, damon went to go find katherine while elena went to go check on stefan.

damon wasn't able to track katherine but later she showed up at the salvatore house and trying to seduce damon.

after being rejected by katherine, he went to elena for comfort only to get rejected by her too.

that resulted in him snapping jeremy's neck but lucky for him, john had given him his ring to protect him from supernatural deaths.

may sat at home with a drink in her hand trying to think of katherine's plan. she wanted to be able to outsmart her.

she felt emotions taking over after thinking about how katherine brought up lexi.

she missed her best friend more than anything.