chapter 063 - we'll always have bourbon street (1)

may and stefan sat damon down in the living room once elena left for school.

"sired? really, guys? that is the most pathetic nonsense i've ever heard come out of your mouths, and you guys have said some crap in your days." damon said.

"and you haven't, damon?" may argued.

"look, it was your blood that turned her, right? i mean, she's been different since day one because of you. you can't deny that." stefan said.

"sure, i can. i finally got elena to a good place about being a vampire and you three idiots can't stand that she's happy because of me." damon said.

"all right. you know what? prove me wrong. tell her it's okay to drink from a blood bag." stefan said.

"she can't. her weird doppelgänger body rejected the blood from the bag." damon said.

"right, because you told her to. you said she had to drink warm human blood straight from the vein. she almost died to make you happy. look. just ask her to drink from a blood bag. make sure you tell her how happy you'll be if it works, and if i'm wrong, i'll be the first to apologize." stefan said.

"when her body rejects this blood, which it will, your apologies better be epic." damon said before he got up.

"well i'd better start writing this epic apology." may said.

"do you think i'm wrong?" stefan asked her.

"hell no." may replied.

-

caroline called stefan after she talked to tyler about sire bonds. tyler told her it wasn't the same for vampires as it is for hybrids.

stefan and may walked into the study and saw damon had books all over the floor.

"what are you doing?" stefan asked him.

"elena is sired. you were right. i was wrong. happy?" damon said.

"a little bit." may said.

"no. i'm not happy, but what are we gonna do about it?" stefan asked.

"well, i'm working on it. here. remember that?" damon asked as he passed stefan a small post card.

"new orleans." stefan said.

"1942, to be exact." damon said.

"1942, now that was quite the year." may said.

"what was in new orleans in 1942?" stefan asked them.

"other than bourbon and beads, us, stefan." damon told him.

"oh, yeah. what was the name of that girl you used to hang out with?" stefan asked.

"that was no ordinary girl. that was charlotte." damon said.

"ah, charlotte. i remember that petty thing." may said.

"she was crazy about me from the minute we met. so, of course when she asked me to turn her into a vampire, i did." damon said.

mabel was sitting at the bar getting a drink when she overheard damon and charlotte talking.

damon had said something about leaving and to make sure no one touched his drink.