chapter 096 - 500 years of solitude

"all the files of my family history are in here." aaron said as they walked into his dorm.

"hurry up." stefan said.

may saw aaron pull out a gun and she grabbed his wrist making him drop it.

may grabbed the gun while stefan pushed aaron against the wall.

"was this all a lie, huh? if you want me to kill you, i will kill you. do not test me." stefan said.

"do it, i'm dead already. damon's been planning my death since before i was born." aaron said.

"what are you talking about?" stefan asked him.

"damon left out the best part of the augustine story, the part after he escaped." aaron said making stefan let go of him.

"talk." stefan said.

"it wasn't enough for damon to kill the doctors who tortured him. he had to torture their families... and their future families. he spent the last 60 years killing every one of my relatives. except he's a psychopath. he keeps one alive so they can continue the family line. so that he can destroy future generations of innocent people. so go ahead and do it. kill me. because i don't wanna give damon the satisfaction, so do it. do it!" aaron shouted.

"you know, not all of us are like my brother." stefan said before he let aaron be alone.

"some of us are good, like elena." may said.

"stefan? may? this is everything wes gave me on augustine. i saw elena's last name on a few pages. maybe it'll help." aaron said passing the files to stefan for him to flip through.

"thank you." may said to aaron.

-

may and stefan found out that wes was holding elena at her father's old doctors office.

"elena!" stefan shouted.

"elena!" may shouted.

"stefan! may!" elena shouted in the distance.

the two of them used their vampire speed to get to her and she was strapped down.

"i'm down here. i'm here." elena said.

may saw wes was passed out on the ground and she assumed elena fought back.

"oh, god." stefan said before getting elena free.

"sicko." may said looking at wes.

"come here. you're okay. i got you, i got you, i got you." stefan said holding her up.

"get me out of here." elena said.

"come on. come on." stefan said.

"wait. wait, wait." elena said before grabbing a bunch of files.

-

katherine ended up having a heart attack and stefan took her to the hospital. the hospital confirmed that she wouldn't live through the day.

may, damon, matt and jeremy were all gathered at the salvatore house drinking to katherine.

"rule number one, think of the worst thing katherine pierce has ever done to you. rule number two, toast to the glory of her impending death. rule number three, if you come across something that's worse, which you will... repeat rules one and two." damon said pouring shot glasses.