chapter 059 - the five (1)

may and stefan went to klaus' to see if he was hiding connor there. once they arrived, they realized they were right.

connor was tied up in klaus' living room.

"looks like i'll have to beef up the hybrid security detail." klaus said.

"well, hello there." may said to connor.

"i was going to take him, but i figured you went through such trouble to truss him up in your red room of pain." stefan said as klaus grinned.

"it's from the inquisition. i thought it was a nice touch." klaus said.

"a bit too kinky for my taste." may said.

"what'd you get out of him?" stefan asked.

"not enough. he's mum about the council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. what brings you two snooping?" klaus asked.

"well, i can't say it in front of him. as i'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled." stefan said.

"you're full of mysteries, aren't you?" klaus said.

"i told you, i don't know anything." connor said.

"thankfully, i know plenty. shall we?" klaus said before the three of the went into a private room.

"so what's with the home invasion?" klaus asked.

"can't just say hello to our favorite hybrid?" may said as klaus looked to stefan for an answer.

"damon said you knew something about this guy. i should have figured you were up to something when you healed elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return." stefan said.

while stefan and elena went to rebekah's house warming party, they found out the alcohol was laced with werewolf venom and elena got sick.

klaus was kind enough to go over and heal elena with his blood.

"i was feeling benevolent." klaus said as may laughed.

"you're never benevolent. who is this guy? what's the five?" stefan asked.

"so many questions." klaus replied.

"it's a good thing i have nothing to do today except get answers out of you." stefan said.

"looks like we'll just make ourselves comfy." may said as her and stefan sat down.

"fine. you might actually be useful in persuading my sister to cooperate. the brotherhood of the five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. we crossed paths with them in the twelfth century. italy. my siblings and i had followed the normans as they conquered the south. feeding, turning people as we went. but with the bloodshed came exposure." klaus began to explain.

"so these hunters have been around for 900 years?" stefan asked.

"apparently. well, our friend in the other room is the first i've seen since then. kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years." klaus said.

"and rebekah had a thing with one of them?" stefan asked.

"oh, she didn't just have a thing. she fell in love with him. he told her all his secrets. which i will gladly share with you provided you do one thing for me." klaus said.

"and what's that?" stefan asked him.

"get rebekah over here. she's being stubborn and hateful. i need to make peace with her. i want her to give me some very important information about the hunter, which she won't do unless she believes we've made up." klaus said.