chapter 085 - original sin (1)

may was annoyed by the fact that she was stuck in the backseat with katherine but she wanted to be there if they found stefan.

"are you sure you know what you're looking for? that last bar had a red awning and a neon sign." damon asked.

"i'll know when i see it." elena said.

"me too." katherine intervened.

"i didn't ask you." damon told her.

"i'm just trying to make conversation. anything to drown out the sound of eggshells breaking. so, elena, i couldn't help but overhear. you've been dreaming about stefan all summer? that must be really stressful on a new relationship. especially when you're having those kinds of dreams lying in bed next to his brother." katherine said.

"i had some as well, so zip it, katherine." may told her.

"they weren't dreams. it was just a bad feeling. like something wasn't right with him." elena replied.

"oh, no, yeah, sure. i totally get it. there's still a connection between you two. maybe deep down, you know that he was your one true love... and breaking up with him was a big mistake." katherine said.

"ignore her. as soon as the vervain's out of her system, we'll compel her and we'll put her on mute." damon said.

"fabulous idea." may said.

"or maybe stefan's been trying to reach out to you all summer... but you've been too busy distracted with damon to help him. so he reached out to the person that he trusts: me. nah, you're probably right. elena and i had the exact same dream on the exact same night. why would that mean something?" katherine asked.

-

damon finally pulled up to the bar that elena said she saw in her dream.

they got out of the car but katherine was asleep in the backseat.

"are we really just gonna leave her in the car?" elena asked.

"why not?" may asked.

"the only time she shuts up is when she's sleeping. i didn't wanna disturb our peace and quiet. i thought you said this was the one." damon said when he saw the look on elena's face.

"it is. it looks exactly like it did in the dream. isn't that a little freaky?" elena asked.

"yeah. it's a lot of freaky. let's go see if stefan's inside." damon said before they entered the bar.

immediately, may noticed the bartender had a bandage over her neck.

"can i get you something?" she asked them.

"yeah. sure. why don't you tell me what happened to your neck, jo?" damon asked, compelling her.

"some sicko attacked me. he bit me, told me to run, so i did. and when i looked back, he was on fire." jo told them.

"oh, god." may said.

"the sun must have come up. he doesn't have his daylight ring." elena whispered.

"and then what happened?" damon asked jo.

"some woman shoved him into a truck, drove away." jo replied.

"did you know this woman?" damon asked her.

"no. she was driving cam peterson's truck. he lives about 10 miles down that dirt road out back. here. heh. you look like you could use one of these." jo said giving damon a shot.