chapter 030 - the house guest (1)

"would anyone care for some cognac? i have a bottle i've been saving for ages." damon said.

"none for me, thanks. nine bottles of wine is my limit." alaric said.

"ha, ha." damon said.

"the gentleman should take their drinks in the study." andie said.

"i have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company." elijah said.

"i like you." andie said as the women started cleaning the table.

"you're not a gentleman. make yourself useful. hmm?" jenna said passing plates to john.

"here, here. put me to work." alaric said to jenna.

"um, i got it." jenna told him as they all started to bring the dishes into the kitchen.

alaric mentioned how they forgot about desert and everyone came back to the kitchen.

"sorry, guys. dessert is taking longer than i thought. i usually just unwrap food." jenna said with a laugh before she went out into the kitchen.

"so i know this is a social thing but i'd really love to ask you some more questions about the work you're that doing here." andie said.

"if love to answer." elijah told her as damon and alaric came in the kitchen.

"great. oh, that's so great. ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" andie asked him.

"elijah, did john tell you that he's elena's uncle/father?" damon asked him.

"yes, i'm well aware of that." elijah replied.

"of course, she hates him. so, there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list." damon said.

"i agree, he did try to burn us alive once and honestly that really hurt my feelings john." may said.

"ric, its in the front pocket, on the... you know what? excuse me, guys. sorry." andie said as she got up to help alaric.

"what i'd like to know, elijah, is how you intent on killing klaus." john said.

"lady and gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now. i allow you to live solely to keep and eye on elena. i allow elena to remain in her house, living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. if you become a liability, i'll take her away from you. you'll never see her again." elijah said as andie came back to the table.

"okay, my first questions is, when you got here to mystic-" andie began but was cut off.

alaric came up from behind elijah and stabbed him with the dagger. elijah cried out in pain as andie gasped and everyone got up from their seats.

alaric took the dagger out and placed it on the table.

"what just happened?" may asked.

"now get rid of him before jenna comes back with dessert." alaric told damon.

"all right." damon replied.

-

stefan called to tell damon that if the dagger didn't stay in place, elijah wouldn't stay dead.

when damon went to go look at elijah's body, he was gone.

damon went to elena's lake house and elijah went there as well.

the plan was for elena to tell elijah should would die and become a vampire like katherine did.

however when elijah called her bluff, elena stabbed herself and elijah gave her the deal back.