chapter 013 - founder's day

bonnie light some candles and took out the grimoire and damon hummed obnoxiously.

the all stared at him, making him stop and bonnie started doing her thing.

the device started floating as bonnie closed her eyes. the lights started to flicker and the device floated back onto the table.

"done." bonnie said passing the device back to elena.

"great. now what?" damon asked.

"now we give it to isobel." elena said.

elena went to the park to meet isobel and three vampires went with her.

when isobel got there, elena turned around and saw that two of her vampire minions were standing bending her.

may, damon and stefan walked over and stood behind isobel. she turned to look at them and rolled her eyes.

"for god sake call home." isobel told elena.

"what?" elena asked her.

"call home. ask to speak to your brother, jeremy." isobel said.

elena pulled out her cellphone and just as isobel said, jeremy was home.

once elena hung up, she turned back to look at her birth mother.

"you were never gonna hurt him." elena said.

"no, i was gonna kill him. don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. i don't have any." isobel said.

"but you took a risk with damon. how did you know that he was gonna give it to me?" elena asked her.

"because he's in love with you." isobel said.

may turned to her best friend and saw him hang his head down.

"thank you." elena said as she passed isobel the device.

"for what?" isobel asked her.

"for being such a monumental disappointment. it keeps the memory of my real mother perfectly intact." elena told her.

"goodbye, elena. as long as you have a salvatore on each arm, you're doomed. katherine was smart. she got out. but we all know that you're not katherine." isobel said before her and her vamp minions walked away.

"what a bitch." may said.

-

may got up and looked at her phone, it was founder's day.

she had learned from stefan that john gilbert may be elena's real father.

she went to the founder's day parade and saw elena and stefan were dressed up for their float.

may had always enjoyed parade's as much as the next person.

"you're not even from mystic falls, why are you here?" she heard as she turned to see damon standing beside her.

"doesn't mean i can't enjoy a parade." may said rolling her eyes at him.

once the parade was over, a bunch of people were over at the grill to get some food.

once it turned dark, may went outside to see all the lights that had been set up.

may saw damon looking around and she walked over to him.

"looking for someone?" may asked him before they turned and saw anna.

"you're still around?" damon asked anna.