chapter 079 - the walking dead (2)

may and stefan split up in the school to go and find caroline.

she was walking in the hallway until she saw the reflection of a familiar face.

she turned around and she saw the back of the person's head making her follow them. she followed them into the gym and they turned around to face her.

"oh, my god. ren?" may said looking into his eyes.

"hello, love." ren replied before he kissed her hand.

"bonnie must've let down the veil." may said with a smile before ren grabbed her by the throat.

"where is she!" ren shouted making may realize what was happening.

"silas." may choked out.

"i will find her." silas said before he stabbed her in the stomach with a stake.

may let out a cry in pain before she fell to her knees and silas left to go find bonnie.

may winced in pain trying to get the stake out and then she saw someone approaching her.

"that looks painful." she heard a voice say and she saw alaric.

"alaric... wait, you're not-" may was about to ask but got cut off.

"silas? no. would silas help you get this stake out?" alaric asked before he pulled it out of her.

"bonnie actually dropped the veil." may said as alaric and her chuckled.

"god, i missed you guys." alaric said.

"we missed you, too." may said.

"i'm going to go see damon, will you be okay?" alaric asked her.

"yeah, i'll be fine." may replied.

bonnie had used a spell to put silas in stone and stefan texted may to meet him at the grill.

stefan was sitting alone and may joined him. the two of them were filled with a bit of sadness. there was someone they hoped to see but hadn't.

"good. you're here." caroline said walking over to the two of them and sitting down.

"what is this for?" may asked seeing caroline had brought over some alcohol.

"we need to celebrate." caroline said putting down some shot glasses.

"yeah, i'm not really in the mood to... celebrate." stefan said.

"nor am i." may replied.

"what's wrong with you two? silas is dead, or whatever, and you two are just sitting there like a bump on a log." caroline said.

"there was someone that i thought i would see today, and uh... i didn't that's all." stefan said.

"yeah pretty sure i had the same person in mind." may said as the two of them exchanged sad smiles.

"you better mean me." they heard a voice say making may let out a gasp.

"no way!" may said.

"you've got to be kidding me." stefan said as they turned to see lexi and they had a group hug.

"thank you for keeping an eye on these two." lexi said smiling at caroline.

"hey, technically i didn't need supervision." may said as they chuckled.

"well, i did noticed you used my techniques to get elena's humanity back on." lexi said as may smiled.

"what can i say? i learned from the best." may replied.

the trio was back for a short time and they went out for a walk.

stefan was telling her about how it was going with elena.

"she punched you in the face?" lexi asked.

"yup." stefan replied as lexi and may laughed.

"i didn't know about this either." may said.

"take a hint." lexi told him.

"so, what? you've been back what, 5 minutes, and you're already laughing at me?" stefan asked lexi.

"no. i've been laughing at you for a while. you just haven't been able to see me." lexi said.

"do you have any idea how much we missed you?" stefan said.

"truly, i missed this. the three of us." may said.

"trust me. i do. although i see i've been replaced by another blonde." lexi said looking at stefan.

"what'd you give me that look for?" stefan asked her.

"she's cute." lexi told him.

"do not start." stefan told her.

"i'm glad someone else agrees." may said as her and lexi laughed.

-

may, lexi and stefan were in the salvatore boarding house jamming out to bon jovi when damon walked in.

he turned the music off making may and lexi stop dancing.

"damon, help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation. hey. you remember my friend lexi of course." stefan said.

"lexi back from the dead. goodie." damon said before she pinned damon against the wall and grabbed him by th throat.

"what's up, buzz kill?" lexi asked damon as she gripped his throat.

"guys, you just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?" damon asked.

"yeah, i think i will." may said as she sat next to stefan on the couch.

"you reap what you sow, buddy." stefan said.

"let's be very clear. whatever time i have left here i sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. you got me?" lexi asked damon, angrily.

"yeah. got you." damon replied making lexi let go of him.

"i see you're still angry at him." may joked.

"so if you and ric and little gilbert are all flesh like and real seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when bonnie tried to put that veil up, and here you three are having dance party u.s.a." damon said.

"god, how could we?" may said sarcastically as the three of them drank more alcohol.

"you're right. how selfish of us to be indulging in these precious moments with our formerly dead best friend. i should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? i should be upstairs grooming my hero hair." stefan said as may chuckled.

"are you drunk?" damon asked his little brother.

"i don't know, mom am i?" stefan asked as the three of them laughed.

"he's not the only one." may said as damon took the bottle from her.

"okay." lexi said.

"well, i guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse. now care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?" damon asked.

"ugh, fine buzz kill." may groaned.