chapter 094 - the cell (2)

katherine's plan was to go into the safe with stefan. since stefan was unconscious, he didn't noticed.

may and caroline waited until stefan woke up and they heard katherine talking.

"so try not to be mad at me. i got in here while you were unconscious. and then caroline locked us inside. it was the only way." katherine told him.

"let me out of here. caroline! may!" stefan shouted as he banged on the safe.

"i know it's a little extreme. but the baby steps approach wasn't working." caroline said.

"see, that's why i need you not to get mad at me. because when you get mad you get anxious and violent and you rip people's heads off. but i'm gonna help you fix that." katherine said making stefan gasp for air.

"guys, get me out of here before i hurt her." stefan shouted.

"we can't do that, stefan." may told him.

"that's the whole point, stefan. you need to get over your ptsd triggers. okay? or else you will kill me." katherine said.

"you're risking your life." stefan told her.

"i'm already dying, you idiot. you're the one who wants to keep me alive. it's my turn to help you now." katherine told him.

"i can't be in here. please." stefan told her.

"you're stefan salvatore. suck it up." katherine said to him.

"no. no. no." stefan panted.

"how's it going in there?" caroline asked.

"i can't breathe. i feel like i'm dying." stefan said.

"so i've been using this time to think. i think there is actually a little bit of truth to this doppelgänger prophecy. i think you're still in love with elena. i think you're miserable about the fact that she chose damon over you... and that you wanna get out of this one horse town... and as far away from their happiness as possible. and yet, somehow, you keep finding excuses to stay in mystic falls. i think i'm just that latest excuse." katherine said before may heard her gasp.

"i'm gonna kill you." stefan said to her.

"good. yeah, get it all out, stefan. i think this is healthy. although, don't forget you loved me before you hated me." katherine told him.

"any reason you chose to have this conversation with me locked in a safe?" stefan asked her.

"yes. so that i could show you that the safe isn't the problem." katherine said.

"how could you say that to me?" stefan asked her.

"the problem is you're not facing your real issues. the death that you felt in the safe? the pain of dying over and over again. it's easier for you to focus on the physical pain... than the emotional heartbreak of elena leaving you. your problem is you're not in touch with the reality of the moment. so let's bring you back into the present, shall we? in this moment... are you going to feed on me... or are you going to save my life? fight it, stefan. fight it. i'm here. i'm here. i'm with you. we're together." katherine said.

"okay, i think it's time." may said before caroline opened the safe.

"it was so quiet, i got worried." caroline said but may had been listening in the whole time.

stefan looked at his best friends and he smiled at them.

"i like the looks of that." may said with a smile.

"see? you made it out alive." caroline said before her and may gave him a hug.

may noticed that stefan and katherine exchanged a look.

-

may was getting some coffee when she saw katherine was making her way downstairs.

she saw the door open and damon walked in with blood on his neck.

"damon." may said looking at him.

"what the hell happened to you?" katherine asked him.

"ditto. elena's not here by any chance, is she?" damon said seeing katherine was wearing a baseball cap which was not her usual attire.

"i haven't seen her. not that i've been looking." katherine said.

"yeah, she's not here." may added.

"stef, you awake?" damon shouted for him.

"you know, he hasn't seen her either. i know because we were together. all night." katherine said making may choke on her coffee.

"look, i've had a really crappy couple days. okay? if you're implying what i think you're implying-" damon began but katherine cut him off.

"why? what were you thinking? that our hot naked bodies collided in one unforgettable night of passion?" katherine said making may's eyes go wide.

"i'm gonna barf." damon said.

"not before i do." may butted in.

"great. then my work here is done. toodleoo." katherine said waving before she left the house.

"ugh." damon said.

-

damon and may went up to stefans room to go talk to him.

"where the hell you been?" stefan asked his older brother.

"oh, you know, being held against my will, shot in the head. now i can't find elena. how was your evening? anything out of the ordinary happen?" damon said.

"wait a minute, what do you mean you can't find elena?" stefan asked him.

"i mean, she's not picking up her phone. she's not in her dorm. she's nowhere in this house. which leads me to believe dr. creepy ken doll has her somewhere." damon said.

"who's dr. creepy ken doll?" may asked.

"are you talking about the whitmore bio teacher?" stefan asked him.

"yeah, the one that operates on vampires during business hours? yeah, that one. put your hero hair on, stefan. let's go get elena." damon said.

"you just said you don't know where she is." stefan said.

"i don't. which means we're gonna have to find us some leverage. come on." damon said.

-

the three of them went to the whitmore campus and they found aaron whitmore.

he was close to wes maxfield since wes was his legal guardian.

"pop quiz. so, your girlfriend is taken by a mad scientist. now do you, A, get a new girlfriend... B, call the police... or C, kill someone close to that mad scientist?" damon asked.

aaron tried to run away but he was stopped by may. he tried running the other way but stefan stopped him.

"i love it when they run." may said.

"sit." stefan told aaron.