chapter 022 - rose

"damn it. where's that witch?" damon asked.

"we could play charades." katherine said.

"i'd rather stake myself." may said.

"you bargained the moonstone." stefan said.

"what are you mumbling about over there?" damon asked.

"when you struck a deal with george lockwood to help you fake your death you told me that you gave george something that he needed. it was the moonstone, wasn't it?" stefan said putting it together.

"good for you, stefan. two plus two. and it would've worked, except that people found out that i wasn't in the tomb. thanks to you, by the way. have i mentioned how inconvenient your obsession with me has been?" katherine said looking at damon.

"you and me both, honey." damon said as may poured herself a drink.

"but why do you... why do you need it back?" stefan wondered.

"i love you in a suit. so dashing." katherine told him.

"oh, shut up." may told her.

"what were you doing with it in the first place?" stefan asked.

"you're wasting your breath, stefan." damon told him.

"unless it wasn't yours to begin with. in 1864, you faked your death. who were you running from, katherine?" stefan asked her.

"in 1987, you were in chicago, at a concert of all places with that wench lexi and the awful girl over there." katherine said making may angry.

"come on, stefan. don't look so surprised. of course i checked in on you over the years. you were standing in the front row, dancing all night. you were watching bon jovi and i was watching you." katherine said.

"who were you running from?" stefan asked her again as katherine mouthed the words i love you.

"we're missing the party. i'll have one of those." katherine said seeing damon was pouring another drink.

"right away, miss katherine." damon said as he passed a drink to her.

"thank you." katherine replied.

damon pushed her against the wall, making her drop her cup and it smashes to pieces.

"no. no. no. damon, don't." stefan said holding him back from staking her.

"yes, damon, please." katherine said.

"the second the spell's lifted, i'm gonna drive this stake right through your heart." damon told her.

"god, you're hot. when did you get so hot?" katherine said as damon let her go.

"katherine." they heard as they all saw lucy bennett.

"the spell in this room has been broken. you're free to leave." lucy said with the moonstone in her hand.

"thank god." katherine said.

"when i hand this over, my debt to you is over." lucy told her.

"done." katherine replied.

"i owe you nothing." lucy said.

"i said done. give it." katherine demanded.

"i wouldn't do that." damon said but lucy placed the stone in her hand.

as soon as katherine held it, she started to suffocate.

"you should've told me another witch was involved. she's a bennett witch, katherine. but i'm sure you knew that." lucy said.