chapter 065 - o come, all ye faithful

may got dressed up for the christmas charity in the town square.

stefan and caroline were already there since stefan met up with her to talk about the hunters sword.

may knew that klaus had shown stefan the sword but he wasn't going to hand it over. the only issue with that was that tyler and the hybrids were planning putting klaus in tyler's body and then burying him in cement.

that would give the hybrids time to all disappear and they no longer had to serve klaus and fake their sire bond.

caroline came up with a plan to put klaus' body inside rebekah since she was already daggered.

may saw stefan and he walked up to his best friend.

"where have you been?" may asked him.

"tyler and his hybrid pack trapped me and caroline but they let us go because we don't need the sword." stefan explained.

"why not?" may asked him.

"because shane the creepy professor guy knows the way." stefan replied.

they found out that night hayley had lied to tyler. adrian lead klaus over to the lockwood cellar and he slaughtered his hybrids. the only one left was tyler.

later that night, caroline, may and stefan were all in a room talking.

"matt can't find april. i can't reach tyler. this is a disaster." caroline said.

earlier during the night, april walked in on caroline with a broken neck but matt told her she couldn't be compelled since she was wearing vervain.

"you're awfully quiet." may said as she looked at stefan.

"is this you in crisis mode? because it's a lot more stealth than mine." caroline said.

"you know, i thought i'd be happier watching klaus get led away to the slaughter, but for some reason, i can't help but feel kind of... guilty." stefan said.

stefan, may and caroline had no idea klaus was still alive and that all his hybrids besides tyler were dead.

"yeah. you and me both." caroline said.

"elijah is definitely going to hate me." may said.

"all day i've been trying to remind myself of all the horrible things he's done." caroline said.

"see, that's the thing. we've all done horrible things. and i'm sitting here trying to figure out what makes us any better than him. and i think it's just that we have family we can trust." stefan said.

"yeah. you're right, stefan. trust is everything. have you heard from damon?" caroline asked him.

"yeah. he's still with jeremy at the lake house." stefan replied.

"did he happen to mention where elena was?" caroline asked.

"wait. why are you... why are you asking me this?" stefan asked but caroline stayed quiet.

"caroline?" may said.

"they're together, aren't they? how together are they? caroline, tell me. how together are they?" stefan asked but caroline's silence was all the response stefan needed.

"stefan." may said putting her hand on his shoulder but he brushed it off and stood up.

may knew that damon and elena had slept together meaning stefan and elena was completely done.

stefan started flipping furniture over as caroline and may watched. they had no idea how to help him.

-