chapter 058 - memorial

"before we begin the mass, we'd like to open the floor to anyone who would like to share a memory about our late friends on the town council. i know that april young wanted to say a few words about her dad. april? april? are you still here, honey? is there anyone else who would like to share a recollection or a memory about pastor young?" carol asked before elena stood up.

"come on up, elena." carol said as elena got up on stage.

damon sat beside may and stefan when he walked in and he noticed elena didn't look well.

"she doesn't look so good." damon said.

"maybe you should have told me she was rejecting all food sources." stefan said.

"jealousy's beneath you, brother." damon said.

"oh, bite me." stefan replied.

"are you guys 12 years old?" may asked them to make them shut up.

"i, um, when i talked to april earlier, she was kind of nervous about coming up to speak, and... now that i'm up here, i'm kind of nervous, too. the worst day of loving someone is that day that you lose them." elena said.

all the vampires in the room froze when they smelled blood.

"do you smell that?" caroline whispered.

"blood." tyler whispered back.

"nobody move. don't turn around. it's a trap." damon said.

elena kept staring at the blood that was dripping from the top floor and she was stumbling around so stefan went to go get her.

after that, the song began and elena was freaking out.

"hey hey, hey." stefan said to her.

"the blood. stefan, the blood, i can smell it. there's so much." elena said quietly.

"it's all right, just remember what we talked about. focus, push back. come on, you can do this." stefan said.

"what's wrong with her?" matt asked.

"she's hungry. she hasn't fed." stefan told him.

"so get her out of here." matt said.

"we can't. there's somebody watching us." stefan said.

"i'm gonna go rip his head off now." damon said.

"are you crazy?" may asked.

"you do that, damon, and you risk exposing all of us." stefan said.

"well, i think the risk will be slightly diminished when i, you know, rip his head off." damon said.

"stefan, i'm losing it." elena said.

"you have 10 seconds before i go old fashioned on the new guy." damon said.

"don't do it, damon, please." stefan said.

"3,2,1, bye." damon said but matt spoke up.

"wait, wait, wait. elena. feed from me. it's ok. everyone will think you're upset, just feed from me." matt said.

elena turned to matt and she fed from his neck and elena realized the blood must've been coming from april.

tyler decided to get up in front of everyone and speak until he got shot with a stake in front of everyone making the torn scatter.

the gang went to help tyler while may and damon went after the hunter who was named connor.

they saw connor getting into his truck and damon ripped the door off his truck.