chapter 043 - smells like teen spirit

may decided to go join katherine in the mikael watching. she didn't want to be around stefan right now with everything going on.

may and katherine had tried many things to get mikael awake but they weren't successful so far.

they decided to give up for the day and they sat in silence.

"you know, i heard stories about you before i ever met you." katherine said.

"what kind of stories?" may asked her.

"about a vampire who couldn't love. you know, vampires feel emotions more than humans but yet you decided to lock everything away. why?" katherine asked.

"why are you asking me these silly questions, katherine?" may asked her.

"pure curiosity." katherine said as may let out a sigh.

"i fell in love, once. with a human but i knew it could never workout because i wasn't in control of myself." may said as she started telling a story.

it was 1899, mabel and ren were out in the park on a picnic date.

mabel had been kind enough to buy the orphan boy some lunch. it was a beautiful day with good picnic food.

"you're one of the prettiest girls i've ever laid eyes on." ren said making mabel smile.

"i'm flattered, truly. you've been so kind to me... which is why i need to be kind to you." mabel said as ren locked eyes with her.

"what do you mean by that love?" ren asked her as a tear fell down her cheek.

"you're going to forget about me. forget we ever met. you need to go out and be happy... as happy as you've made me. you will go to the dock tomorrow for work where a fisherman kindly agreed to hire you. be happy, live you life. i love you... close your eyes." mabel said as she watched ren's eyes shut.

she didn't take another second before she used her vampire speed to disappear. she had just compelled him to forget about her.

"i just couldn't bare the thought that i may hurt him one day... but the feeling i got after i compelled him... it was like my heart slowly ripped out of my chest bit by bit." may said.

"well, that was a touching story." katherine said annoyed after having to listen that whole time.

-

may and katherine were still not having any luck getting mikael to wake up.

"you know, i could offer him your blood." may said to her as katherine rolled her eyes.

"come on, mikael. breakfast. yummy. mikael, wake up." katherine said dangling a rat over his face.

"your phones ringing." may told katherine.

katherine grabbed her phone in frustration before talking.

"what?" she asked angrily.

"what? what do you mean what? i've been calling you for two days." damon said.

"odd. that's exactly how long i've been ignoring you." katherine said.

"jeremy gilbert told me that you found mikael." damon said.

"yeah, sort of. he's a little out of commission. he won't eat. and i've tried everything. gravediggers, mourners, mice, rats, bats. he's just not interested." katherine said.

"well, try harder. we need him to kill klaus so i can de rippefy stefan before he destroys my house. may is MIA so i'm alone." damon said.

katherine was looking out the window as damon talked to her and she saw a person in the graveyard.

"fine. i'll give it another shot." katherine said before she hung up on damon.

"damon doesn't know you're here does he?" katherine asked may.

"no, he does not. and i didn't want to tell him because he'd try to convince me to come home on stefan duty." may said crossing her arms over her chest.

"i thought taking care of stefan when he falls off the deep end was like your thing... you and lexi's thing." katherine said.

"well, maybe i've finally decided to take care of me. and helping kill klaus is helping stefan." may said.

"i'll be back." katherine said before she went to go attack the guy that was visiting a tombstone.

-

when katherine came back, she leaned the body over mikael and the blood from the body's neck dripped onto mikael's lips.

may and katherine saw mikael's skin change from gray to a peach color.

"no. get it away." mikael said.

"what do you mean, no?" may asked.

"you need blood." katherine told him.

"get it away from me." mikael said as katherine threw the body on the ground.

"happy?" katherine asked him.

"thank you." mikael said.

"i remember you. chicago, 1920s. you were looking for klaus. you're no so scary for a bad ass vampire vampire hunter." katherine said.

-

katherine was lighting some candles when may noticed mikael was awake again.

"mikael." may said.

"i apologize for my outburst. it would have made more sense had you known that i'd been denying myself human blood for as long as i can remember. why is it that you awoke me?" mikael asked.

"we would like your help." may said.

"i thought you might know how to kill klaus. but something tells me that i've been sorely misinformed." katherine said.

"would you mind helping me with these? i can assure you there's no way i can kill klaus from beneath them." mikael said referring to the chains wrapped around his body.

"does that mean you do know how to kill him?" katherine asked him.

"i can kill klaus. and i will." mikael said.

"sounds good to me, let him loose." may said.

katherine nodded and she ripped the chains off of mikael.

"thank you." mikael said.

"a little blood will grease those muscles up real quick. just saying." katherine said to him.

"i don't feed on living things." mikael replied.

"then what do you eat?" katherine asked.

just as she asked, mikael grabbed katherine making her scream while mikael sucked blood from her neck.

may saw katherine pass out and mikael walked over to look at may.

"please, i wanna help you kill klaus." may said to him.

"i'm sure you do." mikael said before he snapped may's neck.