Chapter 7 - Roadtrip

Stepping onto the Avenger's quinjet, Loki's grip tightens on your hand subconsciously.

The ride to the airstrip had been...awkwardly silent. Loki had still been fuming from his Echo Protocol treatment, and Tony had seated him directly next to a restored, yet shaken, Bruce Banner.

"Lo," you whisper, "you're hurting my hand."

Loki glances down at you and immediately lets go of your hand.

"I'm so sorry love," he says, raising the hand he had been holding to his lips, and placing a lingering on top. 

You're surprised when you feel your heart flutter. Thor had many times done this same exact gesture, and you hadn't felt a thing. But as you watch Loki's lips against your knuckles, your stomach flips and you feel a blush crawl into your cheeks.

"All right lover boy, hands to ourselves," calls out Tony from the cockpit as he starts up the engines. "Take your places people, we're getting out of here," he calls out. 

Strapping in between Loki and Steve, you fasten the jump-seat harness as Tony takes off. Quickly, you're airborne and on the way back to Manhattan. Once you hit cruising altitude, Tony lets everyone know you can unbuckle, and the team unfastens one by one, each Avenger wandering off somewhere within the massive flyer.

You turn to Loki.

"I'm going to talk to Tony. Care to join me?" you ask.

"I do not," Loki says with a snarl.

"Okay, I'll come find you in a bit," you say, placing a kiss on his cheek.

You turn away from Loki, who shoves his hands in his pockets and wanders down the corridor of the jet and around the corner, out of sight. You wonder what he's up to. 

Focusing again on Tony, you slide into the empty co-pilot's seat. Tony glances over at you and smiles.

"Hey, squirt," he says, reaching over and taking your hand in his. "How you doin?"

"Not great," you answer truthfully. "I'm tired, dad. And I'm worried about Anthony," you say, staring at your hands.

"You did the right thing, kiddo. Calling us, I mean. You wanna tell me what's going on? Or are you going to make me wait for the official briefing?"

You take a deep breath and steady yourself. It wasn't going to be easy to admit out loud what you had done in Asgard. Over the past two years, you had managed to tell him through your letters almost the entire story. But you had left out a few key details. Like your seidr stone, and what you had done to get it.

For the next two or three hours, you fill Tony in on everything that had happened while on the run with Loki, leaving out nothing. You show him the seidr stone, and demonstrate a few magic tricks that leave him wide-eyed. After the initial shock and amusement passes, Tony's demeanor darkens.