Chapter 44 - Chaos in a Flat

Hugging your legs to your bare chest, you allow the warmth of the water to soothe your mind and body. You watch a few iridescent bubbles swirl around your kneecaps as they break the water's surface.

You wonder if Anthony has stopped crying.

You wonder who's holding him.

Is Steve carrying him around on his shoulders as he hobbles around the kitchen? Are they roaring and shaking their manes, pretending to be lions? 

Maybe Natasha is building block towers with him before running through, knocking them down while growling and pretending to be the hulk as Bruce stands nearby, shaking his head and blushing? 

Or perhaps Tony has him down in the lab, making for his grandson his very own mini suit that lifts a few inches off the ground?

You smile and drag your finger tips through the water as a certain peace pierces the heaviness that sits over your heart. You know that no matter what happens to you, your son will have a family that loves him. 

As long as Midgard remains safe and untouched.

But Amora poses a threat to that safety.

Standing from the water, you let it drain as you wrap yourself in a fluffy robe you left nearby, heading to your bedroom to change into one of the numerous kyrtills hanging in the wardrobe. 

Choosing one the color of golden wheat with teal corset strings, you let your hair fall un-styled. The damp tips from the bath hanging loosely as you adjust the long sleeves that hang off your shoulders.

Once dressed, you begin searching for Loki. You thought about leaving him be. Giving him time alone. But he had explicitly told you to come find him when you were done, so clearly he didn't need that much time alone. 

As you wander the halls towards his quarters a few turns away, you think back on his strange, somber mood after the audience with Odin and you wonder what had caused him to need this time to himself. 

Perhaps he was simply tired? After all, between your nightmares, Anthony waking up early, and his own issues falling asleep Loki was woefully short on rest.

You reach Loki's door and push it open but the room is dark. Cold. Untouched. He clearly hasn't even been here since your return. Glancing around briefly before shutting the door, you head to the library. 

As you approach the large doors you see one of them is open, a gentle light flickers from inside. Smiling, you mentally admonish yourself for not starting here.

Stepping inside, you expect to find your raven-haired Prince among the shelves. But instead, you find a small girl dusting the spines.

"Thyra?"

"Oh!"