Chapter 85 - Little Games, Big Surprises

"Easy, Lo," you laugh as Loki strains to reach behind him. "You're still recovering."

 His fingers fumble as he tries to attach his cape to his armor. You step up to try and help him, but he swats your hand away.

"Nonsense, darling. I'm perfectly fine."

You roll your eyes as the stubborn man tries to hide his pained grimace, clipping the final spaulder in place. 

"This is ridiculous," you say, huffing. "You left the healing ward this morning and your father's already having a feast? You need to rest," you say, clutching the large, fluffy towel around your body as your freshly washed hair falls heavy on the back of your neck.

"Public appearances, love. The citizens need to see their King and Princes alive and well after all that has happened," Loki grunts, collapsing into the overstuffed chair by the hearth. "After all, a good number of them did see me dying, impaled by massive blade enchanted by dark magic," he says nonchalantly.

"I still think it's stupid," you say.

Loki laughs and pats his thigh. You walk over and sit on his lap, your legs thrown sideways over his as he starts to kiss your damp neck. You lean your head back and sigh as Loki's lips travel over each sensitive area.

Stopping at your shoulder, Loki brings his fingers to the scarred love bite on your shoulder. He traces it for a moment before returning his lips to your ear, nibbling as his hand makes its way to your knee. 

Then your thigh.

You let out an unwilling moan as Loki's fingers travel further up the inside of your legs.

"No, Loki, stop," you say standing quickly from his lap before he has a chance to hold you in place. You clutch your towel tightly to your chest.

"Get back here," he growls, his lip curling slightly as he stares at you ravenously.

"No, Lo," you laugh, turning your back on his as you waltz over to the dresser. You throw open the doors and gaze upon the fine gowns that had been delivered to you earlier in the day as you speak to Loki. "You've only been out of the healing bed for a couple hours. You need to rest. I'm serious."

"Elskling...," Loki says in a low warning tone. 

"Lo, you were dead three days ago," you say nonchalantly, pulling at the edge of a satin lilac gown before wrinkling your nose in distaste and moving on to another. "You're still healing. I'll hurt you. I'm kind of strong now," you chuckle.

You catch a flash of green from the corner of your eye but you're waiting for it, grinning to yourself at how predictable Loki has become. 

In a flash of icy blue, you yourself disappear as Loki reappears directly behind where you had been standing, his arms grabbing at empty air. You relish the look of shock and confusion on his face as you wave to him from across the room, reappearing near the window with a devilish grin.