Chapter 49 - A Balanced Mind

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

You grin with your eyes still closed as you hear Loki's grumpy morning groan.

Your eyes flutter open just in time to watch Loki roll over, his face now so close to yours that the tips of your noses touch. You push forward just enough to rub them together.

"Good morning," you whisper.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Shhh," Loki hushes you in response, reaching out and pulling you into his chest while placing a few lazy, sleepy kisses on your head. "If we're really, really quiet, perhaps they'll go away."

"BROTHER. LADY Y/N. I STAND OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR!"

You can't help the small, tiny giggle that escapes your lips at Thor's unnecessarily loud announcement of his presence. He must still be scarred from the day before.

Loki frowns at your giggle, cracking one eye and pulling a slow, drowsy finger to his lips.

"If we're silent, he won't know we're in here," Loki whispers.

"I KNOW YOU ARE IN THERE!"

"Damn," says Loki, letting out a groan.

"I AM COMING IN. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO MAKE YOURSELVES PRESENTABLE!"

You giggle once more, knowing full well that you and Loki are both still completely naked below the sheets. 

"What do you think, love? Should we play with him?" Loki says, grinning.

"Lo, come on," you say, pressing a flirtatious kiss up on his jaw before sliding from the bed and walking tantalizingly slowly to your wardrobe, allowing Loki to watch your curves as they cross the room.

"So you decide to play with me instead?" he growls playfully.

"I AM NOW ENTERING YOUR CHAMBERS!"

You finish pulling a navy kyrtill over your head just as Thor throws open the door. You see the relief on his face as he sees you fully dressed and safely across the room the from Loki.

"Good dawning, my lady!" Thor beams brightly. But his eyes quickly widen as they drift over to the bed, noticing the broken bed posts laying on the ground, and the splintered, wooden stumps left behind.

Loki simply smirks at his brother's look of shock, spreading his legs beneath the sheet and crossing his arms against his chest. 

"Good dawning indeed, brother," sniggers Loki.

You roll your eyes as you struggle to tie your corset strings behind your back.

"I am pleased to see you both in higher spirits," Thor says, his normal humor restored once the shock of finding such destruction in your quarters has passed. He looks to you and notices your struggle, quickly walking over and immediately taking the corset laces you are struggling with from your fingers, tying them quickly behind you.