*Chapter 23 - You're Mine*

Loki's gaze is piercing.

You feel it travel straight through you. Full of jealousy. Possessiveness. Hurt. Doubt.

"Loki...," you say, taking a few slow steps towards him.

"Stop," he commands. You freeze in place, never breaking eye contact.

"Loki," you say quietly, gently, as if coaxing a cornered animal. "Loki, there's no reason to be-,"

"How could you forgive him so easily?" he says. But rather than anger in his voice, your hear disappointment. Hurt.

"What?" you ask.

"After all he's put us through, you fall back into his arms like it's nothing."

You remain silent, thinking about how to answer Loki. He hadn't been there for Thor's admission of guilt, regret, and sorrow. He hadn't heard Thor describe the care that he had given your son. But at the same time, he isn't completely wrong. You had forgiven Thor quite easily. But it goes back to your relationship with the God of Thunder. One that has always been built on trust, acceptance, and forgiveness. Concepts foreign and uncomfortable for Loki.

As you ponder how to explain your willingness to forgive his brother, Loki interprets your silence as something all together different.

"Ah. So the truth is out."

"What are you talking about?" you ask.

"I've always wondered if there was something more between you," spits Loki, the disappointment on his face turning to disgust. "You've done well to hide it from me for so long. I'm impressed," Loki sneers.

"What?" you gasp, astonished and dismayed. "How could you even think that, Loki?"

"HOW COULD I NOT?" yells Loki angrily, advancing on you and grabbing your arm tightly.

Your jaw drops. You can feel Loki losing control.

"Oh I don't know, Lo," you yell back. "Maybe because I have a kid with you? Maybe because I've left behind my family for you? Maybe because I love you so desperately that I'm willing to trade my life to make sure that we either have a life together, or none at all?!" you shout back.

You and Loki stand only a breath away, both of you breathing heavily. You feel Loki's grasp on your arm loosen, then tighten again suddenly as he pulls you forward, crashing his lips to yours.

"You are mine," he growls between his kisses, passionate and hungry. Angry and possessive. "The fates have given you to me, and I do not intend to lose you."

"You don't own me," you gasp as Loki moves his lips to your neck. You twist your fingers into his hair as he bites down on where he's been sucking.

"Not yet," Loki grunts as he roughly pulls you to the floor, covering your body with his own.

You let out a moan as Loki grinds into you, his hands at your breasts and his lips back on yours. He sucks on your lips as his tongue dances with yours. These kisses are fiery. Intentional.

"Loki!" you cry out suddenly as you feel his fingers pull down the zipper of your tactical suit, sliding further beneath your waistband until they reach your warmth, already wet with arousal.

"Who makes you this wet, kærasta?" Loki growls in your ear as his fingers dance above your clit, teasing you mercilessly.

"You," you whine. "Only you, Lo."