Chapter 30 - Healing Magic

"Shh, don't wake her, she needs to rest."

"Too late. I've lifted your enchantment. She'll be awake any moment."

"Damn you, witch. You have no idea what she's been through these past weeks."

"You said she's been sleeping for two days, Loki. She's fine. Besides, I'm sure whatever she's been through at the hands of your mother pales in comparison to what you put her through upon your return. Have you seen the marks you left behind, sadisti? Or perhaps you prefer masókisti?"

"Fylgstu með munninum þínum, norn."

"Eða hvað, galdramaður?"

Cracking your eyes, you're confused and groggy. The first thing you notice is how stiff your body feels. Letting out a massive yawn and a stretch, you rub your eyes and allow your gaze to drift over towards where you thought you heard two familiar voices.

Over in the corner, you spot Loki's dark locks squared up to an equally tall woman. And you'd recognize her dark hair and pale skin anywhere. 

"Herkja?!" you croak in your tired voice.

Herkja tears her gaze from Loki, dropping her challenging stance and smiling as she walks over to your bedside, sitting on the edge. 

"Hello, pretty one," she says smiling, reaching out and placing a gentle hand on your face. 

You squeal, excited to see your friend. You lunge at her, wrapping her up in a tight hug. Herkja lets out a strong laugh and pats your back. After a moment she pulls away and looks you deeply in the eyes, as if searching for something.

"How do you feel?"

You cock your head, confused. "I feel fine. A little stiff and kinda thirsty. But fine. why?"

"Well, your lover here put you to sleep for two days without the proper knowledge to do so. And," she conjures a small mirror in her hands and hands it to you. 

She guides your hands, positioning the mirror at the right height for you to see the skin of your chest and neck peeking through the nightgown Loki must have dressed you in. It's puckered with dark bruises, yellowing around the edges.

"Oh geez," you say, casting a look over at Loki who stands in the shadowy corner - a devious, dark smile resting on his face.

"Let me heal you," Herkja says, holding her hands up to your chest. 

Her hands glow in that familiar purple haze, and you feel a soothing, calming feeling wash over your body. After a few moments she smiles and removes her hands. You hold up the mirror and find your skin flawless once more.

"Thanks, Her."

"You're welcome, pretty one."