Chapter 51 - The Frost

"LADY Y/N I FEAR IF WE DO NOT DEPART FOR THE BIFROST IMMEDIATELY, MY BROTHER WILL TRY TO IMPALE ME WITH A CONJURED OBJECT AGAIN. PLEASE, WE MUST GO."

Thor's muffled shout from outside your bedroom door pulls you from your thoughts. Sitting on the edge of your bed, you hold the picture of Loki and Anthony that you had brought with you in your hand. It's creased in the middle, well-worn from having been looked at every morning and every evening. You had tried to touch it as little as possible to keep it in good shape, but you couldn't go long without staring into those big green eyes.

Tracing your fingers over their blue bodies, you wonder how Loki will react once you reach Jötunheim. Will he shift immediately? Will he fight to keep his Aesir form? Setting the picture gently on the bedside table, you let the thought go. Letting it flicker into nothing like a dying candle wick. Whatever form he decides to keep, you'll support him. 

"Y/N. WE MUST GO!" roars Thor.

He used your name. Just your name. He's serious. 

Quickly, you slide on your silver bracelet and twist it, allowing your Stark Industries tactical suit to materialize over the thermal leggings and long-sleeve sweater you had conjured beneath. Thor warned you about the cold. 

You're about to leave when you spot the glint of something shiny on the dresser. Changing direction you spot Loki's black metal band from Tony sitting next to his weapons belt.

"Oh for God's sake," you breathe out in exasperation. You know Loki is already waiting for you at the Bifrost. So clearly he had once again forgotten the only two items of importance. 

Snatching up his band and belt, you open your door to an impatient Thor whose crossed arms and tapping foot tells you that you had taken far too long.

"Thank the Norns, let us go," says Thor. "We have not the time to ride the horses my lady, so we ride Mjolnir instead," he says, pulling you quickly by the hand as you reach the palace steps.

You let out a laugh. "You ride your hammer, Thor?" you tease him.

"No, Lady Y/n, you know I don't ride my hammer," he retorts, his cheeks turning red. "I spin it really fast and it pulls me off-"

"Oh my God," you say, cutting Thor off. "Your hammer pulls you off?" you ask innocently.

"THE GROUND. It pulls me off the ground. Up into the air. That's how I fly," Thor mumbles. 

"Sounds like you have a pretty special and intimate relationship with Mjolnir, Thor," you tease. Thor simply walks faster, causing you to have to run to keep up with him. But you let out a laugh as Thor's entire face and both ears are now completely red.

Once you reach the platform at the bottom of the stairs, Thor grabs ahold of your waist, pulling you in close.

"Hold tightly, my lady," says Thor as he begins to twirl Mjolnir in his hand. As it speeds up, you feel your feet lifting slightly off the ground. Suddenly, you regret teasing him so much.