Chapter 94 - Knots

"Okay ladies! Bottoms up! It's time!"

Natasha raises her glass as you, Sif, Herkja, Sylvi, and Pepper do the same. In one motion, you all down your single shot and start making your way to the elevator in Tony's apartment.

Looking around as the doors shut, you laugh at the ultimate destruction of the room. The slumber party had been a blast, and Natasha had done a great job making sure everyone stayed sober enough to wake up without a hangover. But that doesn't mean you hadn't had a wild time. Gifts, cake, drinks, music, dancing...it had been a wonderful night with your best friends and your mom.

And in the morning, Nat had woken you with fresh fruit and toast. A light breakfast. Enough to keep your stomach settled, but avoid nervous nausea.

Together, you had all gotten ready - the girls helping you into your gown and shoes. Sif had helped you with the diadem and veil. Herkja had done your hair and Sif and Sylvi had helped with a bit of light makeup.

Now, riding up to the big party hall on the 64th floor, you find yourself nervous for the first time. Which is silly, considering there wouldn't a crowd, really. Only your family, and some associates of the Avengers that Tony had invited. During the planning of the last week, you and Loki had been clear with the family. Nothing extravagant. Nothing complex. The two of you want a simple wedding with your friends and family. You didn't even want to leave the tower, which is why Pepper and Natasha had worked to hard to get the party hall on the top floor suitable for such an occasion as this.

Still, despite your readiness, you could feel the dancing of butterfly wings in your stomach, as your cheeks flush slightly. But is it really nerves? Excitement? Unbridled longing?

Whatever it is, it doesn't matter. You love him. And that in itself is the beginning of the end of everything.

"Relax, honey," says Pepper, patting your arm gently as she adjusts the loose curls that hand delicately beneath your veil. "Everything's in place. I've already been up here to make sure. And everyone's ready too," she says with a smile. "And you look absolutely wonderful."

You smile as you hold your bouquet of dark green roses in the golden bouquet holder in one hand, the other drifting over your tulle skirts. Pepper had been right - the alterations had been worth the hours of pricks and pinches. The dress fit perfectly as the airy white tulle floats around your ankles, hugging your breasts and waist, falling perfectly on your hips before spilling to the floor.

The elevator dings, and you step out into a reception space, a heavy set of wooden doors ahead.

"Mama!"

Turning, you see Thor carrying Anthony in one arm as Thyra holds his hand walking up to you.

"Hi baby," you say, leaning over and giving him a little kiss on his cheek, wiping off a small smudge of lipstick with your thumb. He's dressed in a little suit, his long dark locks slicked back like how his father used to wear his. In his hands, he holds a little pillow.

"Hi mama," says a little voice from beside Thor.

"Oh honey, you look beautiful!" you say, bending down as far as you can to admire Thyra in her gold flower girl dress. She holds a basket of dark green rose petals in her hand.

You look up to greet Thor, but his eyes have grown wide at the sight of Sif in her sheath-cut golden bridesmaid dress.

"Oh, wow, squirt." Tony's voice from down the hall catches your attention as he walks over, followed by Bruce, and Clint. All dressed to the nines in their tuxes. "You look incredible!"