Chapter 89 - One of Us

Blowing a piece of hair from your face, you adjust the bulky ceremonial sameiningarathöfnin robes that still engulf your body as you quickly rummage around your bedside table. 

You pull out your golden ribbon, and begin tying back your hair when familiar fingers pull the ribbon from your grasp. 

"My beautiful bride," Loki whispers in your ear, sending shivers up your spine as he finishes tying up your hair.

Spinning you around, he reaches beneath your legs as you jump into his arms, letting out a giggle as he brings his lips to yours, walking you over to the bed and laying you flat on your back. 

"That was a lot easier than I expected, Lo," you say with a sigh as Loki traces his tongue down your neck, stopping occasionally to place a soft kiss. "For a royal wedding, it was kind of underwhelming."

"For most, it is a spiritual experience my darling," he whispers huskily as his hips grind lightly into yours. "But as I said, we have bonded far past what the sameiningarathöfnin has to offer. And, I am the spare to the throne. The entire kingdom would have been present had it been Thor marrying today."

You sigh as Loki's kisses travel down your neck and across your shoulders.

"Loki," you say, reaching for his face and pulling him up to look at you. "We have to get ready to go. The family is already at the Bifrost."

Loki groans in protest, but relents and helps you stand from the bed. He pecks your cheek as the two of you begin sorting through the various things laying around your chambers, grabbing only that which you intend to take with you back to Midgard.

After a few minutes, Loki calls out to you from across the room.

"Are you ready, my love?"

"I think so," you say, mentally counting your things.

Photos of the boys? Check. Ribbon? Check. Bracelet? Check.

You hadn't brought much to begin with. So once you go through your list, you go through Loki's.

"Do you have your band from Tony, Lo?"

"Yes dear," Loki smirks sarcastically, holding up his left wrist to show you that he does, indeed have it on. After everything with Amora, you had demanded he wear it. Just for peace of mind. He had begrudgingly agreed, if only to claim he has a way to track you if need be.

"And your weapons belt?" you ask, arching one brow.

Loki freezes, and casts you a guilty grin.

"Oh for God's sake, Loki Odinson," you grumble, crossing to the dresser drawers and rummaging through, one by one, until you find the dagger and sheath. You pull it out and hold it up, one hand on your hip as you arch your brow.