Chapter 90 - A Fitting

"Ow!" you hiss, reaching down and pulling a pin from your side.

"My apologies, Miss Stark!" the young bridal consultant stammers.

"It's all right, it just surprised me," you laugh, putting the woman at ease. "Are we almost done?"

"Nearly there, Miss. Just a few more and then we'll be ready to ship to the seamstress for alterations."

"You look beautiful, honey. The alterations will be worth it," says Pepper.

"Oh yeah, you're a total babe," hums Natasha in agreement. "I mean, I know you guys already go at it like rabbits, but when he sees you in this...well, I'm just hoping you two make it to the after party!" giggles Natasha.

"Nat!" you say, blushing as you nod subtly at the young bridal consultant, doing her best to remain professional.

"What?" Natasha says, sipping on her glass of Champaign with a smirk.

You let out a huff, but your slight irritation at the hours of standing and pinning immediately fades as you once more catch a glimpse of yourself in the full-length mirror.

They're right. You hadn't felt at all beautiful in the long and somewhat bulky Asgardian ceremonial robes. But this dress was...well, made for you.

It had taken only two days upon your return to Midgard to find a dress you loved. Pepper and Nat, of course, had overnight-shipped over 40 dresses from all over the country for you to look at but you had quickly settled on this one. And as you gaze at yourself in the mirror, you know it's the right one.

A beautiful A-line with a princess skirt hugs your figure, yet flows loosely from your hips. A tulle gown ruffled and cinched at the bust accentuates your curves, and the simple off-the-shoulder sleeves accentuates your collarbones. The way the airy tulle material falls to the floor is something out of a fairytale.

Lost in thought, imagining the way these skirts will flutter around your feet as you walk down the aisle, you're startled by the loud *ding* of the elevator.

All three of you jump as the doors open, and you spot dark raven locks looking over some sort of manual.

"Darling? Have you seen-"

"GET OUT!" you shout, using your seidr without thinking and blasting Loki back into the elevator as Pepper, Natasha, and the bridal consultant all jump in front of you, shielding you from view.

You manage to peek through their arms just in time to see a disheveled and startled Loki on the ground of the elevator as the doors shut.

"JARVIS," says Natasha angrily. "We told you - no men on the 52nd floor!"

"My apologies, Miss Romanoff. It seems Pretty Boy obtained a set of access override codes."

"Oh for the love of God, JARVIS. I know Tony programmed you to call him that, but can't you just call him by his name? Is there an override code for that?" you huff as you stand back up, and the young consultant frowns, trying to get several pins that had been knocked loose back in place.

"I cannot comply with your request, Miss. But I will inform Master Stark of your preference."

Another ding of the elevator has all three women once more scrambling in front of you until the doors open, and three familiar female faces smile back.