Chapter 77 - Trackers

"Is he safe?"

You nod to Frigga, who has pulled you silently aside as Odin, Thor, Sif, and all the Warrior's Three continue to debate on Amora's possible location. As Odin has pointed out - Amora would be easier to find than Loki. And if you could find Amora, you would find the God of Mischief.

"Yes," you whisper back. "He's with people I trust," you answer, hoping you were right to leave Anthony with Herkja. Hoping she understood what you were asking of her.

"Good," says Frigga. "I hope your intuition is right, my dear. I fear what could happen if you are wrong."

"Me too," you answer.

"And Heimdall can't locate either of them?" Volstagg bellows. 

"They have both fallen from his sight," answers Odin. "Although he continues to scour the realms for any trace of their presence."

"The witch is likely still in Jötunheim, Your Majesty," says Fandral. 

"I disagree," counters Sif. "She let Lady Y/n leave with Loki, encouraging her to deliver her warning. Why would she stay in Jötunheim knowing that her location would be reported immediately?"

"The Lady Sif makes a compelling argument," interrupts Thor. "I too believe her next move would have been to relocate."

"But to where, my Prince?" asks Hogun quietly.

The room falls silent as everyone considers where Amora may have fled. 

In the silence, Volstagg catches your eye and gives you a mournful smile. You smile back, nodding slightly. You are grateful he and Hogun returned from their journey fighting the blighted crops causing a famine in the south. You had told Thor that they needn't return. But he had insisted, and sent word to his friends who came immediately to aid in the search for Amora and Loki.

"Let us break for the evening," interrupts Frigga, casting a pointed glance at her husband. "We have slaved over these conversations nearly through the night. Let us resume in the morning."

The group casts skeptical glances between each other. But you can see in the dark circles beneath their eyes and in the irritation in their frown lines that these gods and warriors are one disagreement away from a meltdown.

"The Queen is right," you say quietly, drawing all eyes to you. "We'll think more clearly in the morning."

"But sister, need I remind you that Loki is on his way to Amora? If he has already found her, any delay on our end may be our own downfall," says Thor.

"I know," you answer, nearly in a whisper. "But we won't be doing anyone any good if we're too tired to even think straight, Thor. Let's regroup at dawn."

"So be it," says Odin, standing from his chair. "I expect each of you back at the morn's first light. We will begin again."