Chapter 18 - A Final Favor

"Well? Come on kiddo, let's see it," says Tony as the rest of the Avengers crowd around, eager to see your new suit.

"Give her some space, Tony," says Pepper, placing a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "Whenever you're ready, honey."

You give her a grateful smile as she beckons for the rest of the Avengers to back off, and give you just a hint of breathing room. Grasping the silver bracelet firmly, you give it a twist, and once more those fluid silver threads begin climbing your body, braiding themselves into strands until your entire body is covered. Dressed in your new suit.

And it's perfect.

"We match!" squeals Natasha, who runs up and gives you a hug, admiring the suit and poking at all the accent pieces. "And are these for daggers? Amazing!" she cries.

"She's right, Y/n," says Clint, giving your suit a once over. "You look pretty badass in that thing."

"Hey," says Steve, beginning his reprimand at Clint's language.

"Oh relax," says Clint, rolling his eyes at Steve. "You have to admit, it looks pretty mean. I bet you're no match for her in that thing, Cap."

"Thanks a lot, Barton," says Steve, letting out a laugh as he moves to your side and puts a hand on your shoulder, scanning you quickly. "As much as I hate to admit it," says Steve, "I think he's right. It's a pretty fierce suit. Good work Tony."

"And Banner," you say quickly, glancing over at Bruce who stands silently back from the group. "Tony couldn't have done it without you, Bruce. Thank you," you say, tossing him a soft smile.

"I couldn't have done it as fast," mumbles Tony beneath his breath. "I still could have done it."

You roll your eyes and place a kiss on Tony's cheek before walking over to Bruce, and placing one on his as well. His cheeks flush and he bashfully rubs the back of his neck. You had wandered down to the lab earlier in the afternoon to apologize for the day before. But before you had even had the chance to speak, both Tony and Bruce were apologizing unreservedly. You had accepted their apologies, and issued one of your own. With things back to normal, you want to make sure Bruce gets the credit he deserves. He had worked just as hard as Tony on your new suit.

"And what about you, Mischief? What do you think? You did, after all, help with the specs," says Tony, casting a glance over at Loki who has been leaning quietly up against a lab table several paces away. His arms are crossed, and he has a scrutinizing look on his face.

"What do I think?" he asks, looking at Tony before looking back at you, silent for a moment as he collects his thoughts and chooses his words. 

"I think she is the most beautiful warrior across the Nine. And I am humbled to be in her presence."

Your cheeks immediately burn bright red at Loki's words, and you cover your face with your hand as Tony's jaw drops and Pepper smiles. Steve lets out a laugh and Natasha giggles, grabbing your hand and giving it a squeeze. Clint rolls his eyes and scoffs while Banner shifts uncomfortably.