*Chapter 71*

Anyae looked over at Constantine, stunned still. Her husband didn't have to turn his head to know she was looking at him. So he spoke.

"I don't know how you feel about everything that has happened so far...and I could only imagine what you're thinking right now. But dolcezza I know you are tired of this.... I think very often of our future. The danger we could have to endure if I continue in this business or our children would have to endure. I'm tired too amore and I feel in my heart it would be best to give up the business... "

For a while she was still, shocked yet again. But slowly she made her way to the massage table he sat on. Constantine lay his forehead against her tummy and gently held her sides. "Before this gets too out of hand I will make preparations for us to leave this business. Ok?" Anyae nodded and gently carded her nails through his hair. He let lose a soft sigh and grabbed one of her hands. His wife watched him raise her palm to his lips and lay a chaste kiss on it. The warmth that she felt pulse withing her this time, came from her heart. She felt truly loved and also guilty because of how selfish she had been.

Anyae ran her hand through his hair again, "Con I...well I'm sorry I know there were many times I may have been annoying or a pain in the ass. I never thought maybe you actually gave a thought of our future together as a family. Don't get me wrong you know I love you and you love me but I felt like keeping up appearances and the problem with your uncle was pushing everything on the back burner.."

Constantine got up from the floor and sat beside her on the massage table. "I suppose that was my fault... Anyae I never once used you for appearances nor do I ever plan to. As for the crazy uncle situation.. At times it may begin to feel like all I care about is finding and killing him but I don't. Each and everytime I have thought of tragic scenarios of him getting to you or my mom before I can protect you. I want to live and enjoy our time as a family. Not constantly have to bail out and move us around for our safety. This has to be done. "

She looked over at him and nearly gasped from the sheer intensity of his eyes, determined and grim yet still caring.

His hands slowly tightened into fists and his jaw set as he spoke, "Yes. "

Silence fell over them both but out of a persistent urge she felt herself reach out and hug him. At first he did not respond but them she felt his arms slowly wrap around her and a deep sigh gradually leave his lips.

Constantine buried his face in her neck and gently squeezed her. Anyae stroked his hair and whispered, "I promise I won't go anywhere. " He kissed her shoulder, let go of her waist, and got up from the massage table. His wife immediately stood with him and snapped her gaze to her unconscious attacker. "So? What are we going to do about her?"

Constantine walked over to where the woman lay and hoisted her over his shoulder. "We're flying her back home and I'm gonna have to have a talk with her grandfather as soon as possible. " Anyae's eyes immediately darted over to him in shock.

"So you're actually going to let me come with you? "

His eyes were practically burning holes into her skull by now," You are my wife and I honestly just want you near me." With the look he was giving her and the dark way he said it, she could feel her core warm.

She felt kind of embarrassed by how quick the arousal started so she rolled her eyes at him and turned to change back into her clothes, "Why you always being nasty?"

He smirked but kept his back turned as she changed.