§*Chapter 27*§

Anyae snatched back her hand as quick as she could, mouth agape in shock and fear. "Constan-," she didn't get the chance to finish before he quickly shushed her and pulled her body closer to his. The silence they heard was deafening but from where they were they could feel something was wrong. "Cazzo...stay here Lotus I need to go downstairs for a moment." Anyae nodded as Constantine disappeared downstairs again.

~Downstairs~

"Constantine....my only nephew oh it's been so long since I've seen you..."  Ermmano..... Constantine stood at the bottom of the stairs, body rigid and eyes glinting daggers at the tall old Italian man before him. He sneered,"You are not my family, you are not my uncle, and you are not welcome here."

The man chuckled before Mrs.Macheibreigh stepped out from the kitchen. "What do you want Ermmano?" Ermmano turned towards her,"Kendra...sis. ...how nice to see you again...you know I don't recall being invited...how rude. Did you forget all about me?"

Kendra's body tensed as her stance became dangerously defensive. "The moment you attempted to have my family offed I forgot about you.Why can't you just stay away Mano?"
Ermmano simply grinned at her, ignoring the burning anger within his sister's face. "Why not I like to check up on ya once in a while...I would watch that temper of yours you know.."

Kendra's voice got low and dangerous,"Go away Ermmano or else I'll be sure that when you finally leave it'll be in a body bag." 

Ermmano scoffed and Constantine's father, Enrico Macheibreigh stepped up behind his wife and said in a clear deep voice,"Leave." Ermmano left with a smirk and Constantine grit his teeth angrily knowing that this wouldn't be the last they saw of him.

Time Skip*  *  *  *  *   *   *  *

Anyae walked into their house and walked upstairs, with Constantine ahead of her. He headed to his room and lay back on the bed. Anyae left to change into a tank and some silk pajama pants with teddy bears on it then ventured out of her room and into his. Constantine lay with his shoes and shirt off, in nothing but his suit pants with his arm thrown over his eyes. His room was slightly dim due to the dark curtains and a fan was on, blowing air into his face.

Anyae hadn't even took a step into the room yet when he spoke,"What is it baby?" Anyae felt a warm tingle spread over her when he called her that. 

"How did you know I was in here?"

His lips quirked up into a smirk,"I could feel you staring at me.." 

"Oh..."

Anyae made her way over to him and got up on the bed with him.  Constantine moved his arm from over his eyes, watching her straddle and lie on top of him.

Slowly he slid his arm up and around her waist,"Did you get to know anyone at the reunion?"

Anyae nodded and ran her fingers along his temple. "Yeah you're Mom is crazy!"

Constantine gave a small smile,"Just like you.."

Anyae grinned and ran her fingers across his face. His eyes closed briefly when he felt her fingertips caress the rest of his face. A light hum was emitted from him as her fingertips began exploring his lips. "Constantine? Who was that guy you and you're parents were talking to?" Anyae could feel him tense almost immediately. Constantine sighed and murmured, "It's not important bambino..." Anyae frowned and sat up, crossing her arms,"Yes it is, it has to be because you were pissed at him at the reunion...so you lied."

Constantine grit his teeth and ground out,"Drop it Anyae.."

"No I don't think so. What could he have did to make you're whole family resent him?" Constantine pushed her down onto the bed, "Fermata. Leave it alone." Anyae cautiously leaned up and kissed him,"I...I'm sorry...for asking.." Constantine was still before he kissed her back,"Just don't bring it up again." Anyae nodded and pressed her head against his. "Ok..."

Constantine stared down at her and intertwined their hands. "Four days..." Anyae cocked her head at him,"For what?" He squeezed her hands and touched his nose to hers,"I have to have the wedding over with in four days. The first my Mother wants to throw an engagement party on. The two days after are for us to plan and the last we must have it all over and done with." Anyae furrowed her brows,"Why four days?" Constantine kissed the back of her hand,"Because that's what timespan we were asked to have things done.When you're the head of the mafia things don't slow down because you want them to all the time...you have to keep on top of things with a clear mind. If not you'll never get things done.." 

"Soooo you agreed to it?" Constantine gave a nod and went to reply when his phone rang out. Anyae watched him answer the phone and curled her leg around his hip. While he talked on the phone his eyes flicked down to hers. Feeling bold she ground her hips up against his and licked the shell of his ear. Constantine hummed and when he finally ended the phone conversation he looked down at her and pulled her up with him. "Come on..today you get to see what I do when I'm not around you.."

When he..not around me?!