§*Chapter 18*§

This nigga actually think this shit is funny?!! Anyae pursed her lips and once the room number came into view she dropped his hand, practically running into the room. Constantine followed her close behind, his hand still tingling like her warm palm was still entangled in his. His eyes came to land on his future mother-in law, a mocha skinned woman who had short curly black hair and a warm inviting smile gracing her lovely face. Her eyes were a chocolate brown and shined as she gazed upon her daughter and then at Constantine. "Oh um Mommy I'd like you to meet uh..my-." Constantine immediately cut her off as he came over and hugged her mother. "Hello again Mrs.Dupre."

Anyae looked dumbfounded, her eyes jumping back and forth between them like hopscotch. "Um... Momma how do you know him?" Anyae's mother, Sabrina's lips broke out into a mischievous grin as both she and Constantine shared a smug look. "Honey he came to me yesterday and introduced himself. He is fine!" "Momma! Don't say that!" Sabrina rolled her eyes,"Oh girl please don't act like you don't think so. He's so well mannered! You got a good one!"

Anyae's face burned in embarrassment as she groaned, "Ughh Mommaaaa...." Sabrina laughed,"Ok Ok hush I'm just teasing baby."

Anyae smiled but as Sabrina laid back and closed her eyes it slowly faded away.

"Mrs.Dupre..are you okay? You hungry? Thirsty? Anything?" Sabrina opened her eyes and squeezed Anyae's hand with a faint smile. "It's a nice day outside....I just wanna take a nice little walk to the park..."

"Ok.." Both Anyae and Constantine went to go ask her current doctor if she could be taken out for a quick stroll through the park.

Afterward they came right back to her room excited to take her with them at least for a little while.

Time Skip......

Anyae pushed her Mom along in the wheel chair provided as Constantine hung back, purposefully taking in the heartfelt scene with concealed sympathy. His eyes reluctantly dragged from them to his surroundings,his back straightening and his body slightly tensing. He could feel it like light cool invisible fingers ghosting the back of his neck. No one was behind him... and yet the hair at the back of his neck stood up stiff.  Someone was watching them....

Quickly he mind was at work and he was on the phone. "Vic...where are Brian and the others?"

"They're at the park with you boss, sitting in the silver Honda on the curb."

"Good because it looks like we have company. Where are you now?" 

"I'm pulling up boss. Good I want you to get Anyae and her mother back to the treatment center, make sure Mrs.Duper is back in her room. But afterward take Anyae straight home and keep her there until I get there understand?"

"Yes sir."

Constantine hung up the phone and caught up to Anyae. She's not going to want to leave me here if she thinks I'm by myself....

Can't hurt to at least try...can it?
Anyae looked up at him just as he was opening his mouth to whisper in her ear.

Here goes nothing....