§*Chapter 58*§

The moment they pulled up and picked a parking spot across the street Anyae was a ball of excitement. As they both got out of the car, Constantine found himself transfixed by her reaction alone. Her eyes were bright and sparkling, her smile was breathtaking,and the way she kept looking around was just too cute for words. It amused him greatly. At the tightening warmth in his chest he took her hand in his and chuckled,"You act as if you have never been to one of these?"

She rolled her eyes at him and smiled as she kept looking around then her smile turned melancholy,"I went a long time ago with my mom....when I was six years old. I loved every second of it. The food, the rides, the games....all of it. It's one of my most favorite memories I have of her....."

Constantine regarded her with a small smile and let go of her hand to wrap his arm around her waist. Anyae gasped as he pulled her close to him and sighed. The action brought her back from the memory and back to reality.

"Don't hide in your memories Lotus, come back to now. I want you to enjoy yourself not drown in guilt."

She nodded and looked up at him as they walked,"I'll try not to."

"Good now what do you wanna do first?"

Anyae was looking at a game booth across from them and pulled him towards there. There were wooden duckies on a mechanical row behind the booth runner. As soon as the booth runner saw Anyae he regarded her in a almost lecherous way, until his eyes met Constantine. His eyes nearly bugged out of his socket and almost immediately he made his way to them,"Hi there!"

Constantine regarded the pencil thin man with an unsettling smile and an intense yet frigid stare," My wife wanted a try."

The man didn't dare to turn his eyes back to Anyae and instead accepted the money and pushed a small basket of balls to her. Anyae carefully watched as each wooden duck sailed by with a small red bulls-eye painted in the middle of it. Constantine looked over at Anyae as she gnawed her lip and concentrated on her intended target. She looks so adorable... As soon as she went to throw it she had missed it by mere inches. She didn't curse or pout and instead grabbed another ball and aimed, patiently waiting for a new target. He watched on with a strong sense of pride swelling up in his chest as she hit at least five ducks throughout the entire game. Once the game stopped she had gotten a large Pusheen the Cat plushie and a rainbow poop emoji plush.

When they went walking someone shouted behind them.
"Bitchhhhhh!!!" Anyae and Constantine both turned to look when she spotted Tahnah and Hamani coming towards them along with Luca and Antoni. Con looked confused for a minute but then he grinned as soon as his cousin greeted him. "So when were you two planning to tell me that you were coming to the fair today?"

Luca and Antoni both looked at each other and then back at him with lopsided grins. Luca rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and chuckled, "Well.... technically we weren't planning on coming but the girls you know, they're starting to grow on us....."

Constantine glanced over to Antoni and raised a brow," They are?"

Antoni flushed a little and coughed awkwardly while trying to avoid his intense gaze," Yes well... I am kinda into Tahnah...... and Luca is into Hamani."

Luca rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly,"Well maybe just a little..."

He smirked and turned towards Anyae as she came near him. "Con me, Mani, and Tahnah about to head towards the bathroom ok?

Constantine gave a nod and turned back to tease his cousins. As Anyae and her friends neared the restrooms she felt a growing sense of dread begin to form in the pit of her stomach. She glanced over at both Tahnah and Mani as they were talking but they didn't seem to feel what she felt. Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

There was a blue haired woman posted up against the wall in the bathroom. Tahnah and Mani ignored her and went into a stall while Anyae eyed her warily before moving to bypass her. Before she could fully step past the woman grabbed her arm and quickly covered Anyae's mouth and nose with a chloroform cloth. She tried struggling but she was feeling weaker and weaker by the second. She had only managed to glimpse the woman's eyes before the world faded into complete darkness.