§*Chapter 20*§

Anyae retreated to her room and stayed there trying to think of a way to escape back to the park. But her mind had drew a complete blank...how the hell was she supposed to get out of here?! Ok think for a moment what would be a sure fire way for us to get out of the house? As she pondered over her next form of action the telephone beside her rung. Anyae huffed in irritation and closed her hand around the house phone to answer it.

Just before she could speak two other voices began to hold a conversation. Of course she knew eavesdropping was wrong but curiousity refused to leave her. The first voice with its rough timbre and slightly deep Chicago accent she easily recognized as Vic' s voice but the other one she didn't recognize.

~Phone convo: "Vic? Where is my nephew?" 

"He had some business to take care of at the park sir." 

"Why aren't you with him?" 

"He told me to take the girl home and make sure she doesn't try to leave."

"Girl? Ah Wendell Dupre's little girl?"

"Yes sir."

"Alright then tell my nephew when he gets back to get ready for the family reunion oh and to bring the girl along too."

"Will do sir." ~End of convo~

Anyae quickly hung up the phone and bit her lip nervously.

That man knows me and my dad....and we have to go to a family reunion! I don't know his family!

Her palms were sweaty and her mind couldn't focus at all. A knock at her room door halted her mini panic attack and gave her a welcome distraction. Anyae opened it to see Vic with a knowing yet disapproving look on his face. "Eavesdropping isn't the best idea to have around here. If you want to know something just ask. I gotta go." Vic left and two hours and twenty minutes after he left Constantine came in, his hair disheveled, his jaw set, bloody knuckles and his suit spattered with blood.

Anger immediately overcame any other feelings she had in that moment and as she went to slap him he caught her wrist and spun her into the wall, his knee wedged between her legs and his arm pressed against her throat. Her wide eyes stared into his angry green ones in shock, fear, and excitement. What now?! Oh great he's angry! Well I guess this is it...I'll end up suffering my death at the hands of my fiancée and the mob boss. It was nice while it lasted.. Anyae squeezed her eyes shut in fright and hidden excitement. I wonder what is he going to do to me? Oh lord I can only imagine what he's thinking about doing to me right now. The anger she saw in his eyes caused a slight shiver to ghost up her spine and a familiar feeling of arousal ease up inside of her. Oh great now I am sure I have gone nuts!