§*Chapter 40*§

Constantine picked her up and sat on the edge of the bed with her. Anyae's sobs had slowly decreased to sniffles. She looked at him and hugged him tightly. It made her feel calmer knowing that he was there for her like that. He stroked her back and started humming gently to her,  soothing her nerves.

"Do you still want to go out to eat and then go to the beach at night to dump them?"

Anyae gave a nod in the crook of his neck in response.

Constantine ran his hand through her curly black hair and kissed her cheek,"Okay Lotus. Do you want to go now?"

She shook her head no. Constantine looked down at her in endearment. His heart felt heavy with sorrow and guilt from what he knew.

"Are you sleepy baby?"

Her heart giving a mini leap at the sweet title as she nodded.

"Okay."

Anyae stripped down to her panties and bra while he kicked off his shoes and got in beside her. She still felt devastated but the pain wasn't as bad as it used to be. With him, she felt things were slowly starting to get better. She scooted closer to him and lay her head on his warm yet broad chest. He wrapped his arms around her body and kissed her on the forehead. Nuzzling her face into his neck, she soon was lulled to sleep by the steady rhythm of his heartbeat.

*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°

Constantine opened his eyes and looked down at his sleeping fiancée. She looked so at ease while sleeping... He kinda felt as if he was getting soft but he shook off the thought and continued to gaze at her. Anyae stretched and opened her eyes, meeting his gaze.

"Were you watching me the whole time?"

"Yes."

Both had gotten up while it was late in the afternoon. He looked at her sympathetically, "Do you still feel up to going out to dinner?"

"I....I don't....I'm sorry.."

"It's ok Lotus, we can stay in until it gets night then I'll take you to the beach later on ok?"

She nodded and looked down and away from his gaze as tears started to build up in her eyes again. Constantine sighed and walked around the bed to her, engulfing her in his embrace. As soon as she hugged him the crying grew worse. She was...shaking too, he could feel the tremble in her body as she hugged him. Her embrace was tight...almost as if she was afraid he would disappear. It pained him to see her like this and almost immediately his mind flashed back to his conversation with Dominic.

He wanted to tell her but looking at how lost and broken she was now he knew he just couldn't be the one to do it. Though the guilt of what he knew was eating away at him he refused to tell her himself.

Anyae had stopped shaking by now and just leaned into him for support.

He sat with her on the edge of the bed and started rubbing slow circles into her back,"Just breathe...I'll be there with you when its time."

She sniffed and wiped her tears with the back of her hands,"I.... I'm afraid Con....I'm scared to let her go..."

"I know but that's why I'm here. I promise I won't go anywhere."

She gave him a watery smile and he took her hand in his. Though she never thought to admit it him being there for her made her love him that much more.

"Thank you Constantine. "

"You're welcome baby..."