*Chapter 80*

Since he got up all he could hear in his head was her demand of a promise. A difficult promise seeing as what she was asking him was impossible to do. Constantine tried his hardest when he got up to not let his irritation show. It wasn't as if he didn't understand where she was coming from, he did but his uncle (if he could be called that) would not let this go. The important thing was to take care of him before he left the business. But if he went through with it what would be the fallout? Anyae didn't notice his inner turmoil and got ready to see Hamani. She tried to keep her face blank from him, hoping he wouldn't say anything. That hope was dashed the moment he looked at her. She was dressed like she was ready for a fight. Literally.

Constantine pinched the bridge of his nose in an odd mixture of irritation and fondness.

"Anyae what do you have on?"

"Clothes. Unless we started calling them something else."

"Ti amo tanto petalo, davvero, ma a volte mi porti quasi alla pazzia."

Her reaction was immediate. She didn't catch what he said but she was reacting to how it sounded. Her lids lowered to half mast and she gave him a leisurely and lustful sort of look over. Constantine had to restrain himself and quickly shot into reprimanding,"Go change woman."

Anyae sighed, and pretty much figured he knew what she was on when he got a look at her wardrobe. She just hoped he'd let it slide. She was cheap.

Instead of arguing and feeling a little like a tease, she ran a finger down his dress shirt. Whatever focus he had before was thrown out the door. His eyes honed in on that lone traitorous finger and followed it down to his belt. With every second of descent he felt the budding warmth of desire. It comes to a head when she grabs his belt buckle and slowly tugs him towards her. A low hum came from his chest as she leaned the length of her body against his,"When we get back you giving me some."

Constantine's eyes slid shut as he let loose a groan and then she let go of his belt. Those half lidded orbs followed her all the way up the stairs until she disappeared from view. A full body sigh was let loose from his lips but when he realized he shook himself from his reverie and a strong seriousness took over. He had not heard back from his father and uncle yet but Constantine had been trying not to worry and focus on his wife. His pregnant wife... vulnerable...not safe..until Ermmano was out the way.
He felt like a heavy boulder was set on his shoulders. The urge to talk to someone was strong but his mother was...well best not to think on it. So since Constantine knew Anyae would be a while, he went to walk around in the backyard while he phoned the one person who felt right to confide in.

Dominic.

Anyae herself had just gotten finished dressing in something a bit more subtle, yet able to fight in.

When she finished changing, Anyae went to go find Constantine

When she finished changing, Anyae went to go find Constantine. He found himself thanking God that she came just as he finished talking with Dominic. After the phone conversation her found he felt much lighter and clearer in the head than he anticipated. With appreciation and a soft fondness, Constantine looked her over grinning at her look.

He pulled her close and ran a warm hand over her distended belly.

"I like this one."

Anyae rolled her eyes, leaning into the comforting embrace,"You just like it because it's not some thing to fight in!"

(He thinks it's not.! I guarantee you it can be!)

Her husband hummed against her neck affirming her assumption. His wife found herself sighing and trying not to smirk at him about the outfit. Any outfit with pants and sneakers can be a fighting outfit. Constantine reluctantly pulled himself away and took her hand in his.

"Ready to go?"

Anyae followed after him as Vincent drove them to a secluded warehouse, one of many that Hamani was being kept in. The drive seemed like it stretched on forever to her. For Constantine his mind was elsewhere.
Once they got to their destination, Anyae  immediately moved to go inside. Just as she was striding to go further inside the warehouse, Constantine grabbed her hand and stalled behind her. Without thinking about Anyae immediately slowed then stopped and waited. As her husband came up he let go and searched her face, nothing but concern and support on his face.

"Anyae."

She found herself startled by the tone of his voice and immediately her eyes snapped to his. As soon as he saw he had her attention he spoke," Behave. I don't want you fighting, are we clear?"

She fought not to roll her eyes hard at him and as he watched her he could see the internal struggle. There was a moment before she sighed and nodded.

"Ok."

He eyed her face and eyes a final time before he cupped her face and kissed her forehead whispering," I'm trusting you to keep your word Anyae. For me and our baby."

All she could think was, I'll try my best