Chapter 2

Adrienne

As soon as I landed in New York, my work began. I went from meeting  to meeting, to meeting. New York was always a bit hectic, the paparazzi was everywhere and they sometimes annoyed the hell out of me.

Around evening time, I finally arrived to my hotel suite and I hopped in the shower right away, when I got out I lotioned my skin with cocoa butter.

Kristen and I had decided to attend the Knicks vs. Lakers game tonight so I chose to wear high-waist, loose teal pants and matching crop tank. I put on my olive, nubuck Giuseppi Zanotti Gladiator sandals and I topped the outfit off with my Valentino floral Va Va Voom Flap Shoulder bag.

My hair was in straightened flat so I didn't even bother messing with it. Kirsten and I were both ready, so once security helped us out the hotel and into the SUV's we were on our way to Madison Square Garden. Arriving to the arena was no different, of course flashes were all in my face but we made it safely inside and were assigned court-side.

"It seems like every time I'm in New York, the Knicks always have a game" I said to Kirsten, who was too busy sipping away on her drink.

"Sometimes" she chuckled. I could tell she was slightly drunk. "I never really noticed it like that"

"Ooh look your on the screen"

I looked up, and indeed they had me shown. "Oh goodness" placing my head back down, and looking away from the cameras.

The game was soon coming to an end and the so far the Knicks had the lead. I really didn't have a favorite, so it didn't matter who won to me. Carmelo Anthony had the ball right now, he crossed Carlos Boozer; making a three which would end the game. Almost every Knicks fan jumped out of their seats with excitement.

In my opinion both teams did great, but I do believe the Lakers could have done a whole lot better tonight.

But that's just my opinion.

***

"Just stay close to us, so we can help you leave the hotel. The rest of the guys are already downstairs waiting" one of my bodyguards Jon spoke.

"Alright, but we have to walk fast because I don't really want to waste time" I said, putting on my coat. Grabbing my phone and bag, I looked around the hotel to make sure I had everything.

"Okay, let's go"

Jon stayed in front of me, while another stayed behind. We made our way downstairs and out of the hotel. Getting outside was so reckless, it was people and paparazzi everywhere taking pictures.

"I love you Adrienne"

"Adrienne how long will you be staying in New York?"

"Adrienne, can I get a picture?"

I stopped to sign a few autographs for fans, but ignored paparazzi and there questions. Jon and his boys led me to the black SUV's opening the door of the backseat for me, and helping me inside. Once I was suited in, Kirsten made her way inside in the car.

"Took you long enough" I joked, as she came in.

"I know, I'm sorry" she chuckled, while applying lip gloss to her lips. It took about five minutes before the driver pulled off, he had to make sure everywhere was clear first.

"I can't wait to get back to California" Kirsten spoke, then clearing her throat. 

"Oh I you can't" cocking my eyebrow at her. "Can't wait to see Miguel"

"Shut up" she giggled.

"Your so sprung " I laughed, flipping my hair.

"Am not. Well at least not yet"

"Just make sure to be careful Kirs"

"I will don't worry, but how long are you staying in LA?" she shuffled in her seat, looking at me.

I thought for a moment, "Not sure, just until Liam adds something to my schedule.

Kirsten nodded her head, before placing her Beat plugs in her ears and laying back a bit. I looked out the window as we drove to the airport.

*

Landing in LA, I only had a few minutes for myself. Which I used to rehearse my scripts, and even write some new music. Most times when I'm in Los Angeles, I get a little free time which I tend to use wisely.

"I have some news for you" My manager Liam spoke, taking a seat. He had came over about twelve minutes ago, to discuss work as usual. "You were chosen to be a spokesperson for PlayMG"

"Really? What is PlayMG?" I glanced up at the chef who had placed my food on the table. I smiled, thanking him.

"Well it's pretty much a gaming system aimed at kids, who can't really afford smart phones and it just offers a whole bunch of apps to them " he explained to me.

"That sounds interesting"

"And get this?"

"What" I asked.

"They want you to become one of the partners of the company" he added.

"That is so amazing" I said, with excitement.

"Yes, it really is" he lifted his fork up. "They actually want you to be part of the ownership, and I think it's amazing"

I was really excited about the idea, because being someone like me I sometimes like to entertain by playing games on my phone, so this is really cool teaming up with them.

Liam gently cut his steak in half. "That's wonderful Adrienne, I'll inform to let them know your all in and give more detail"

I picked the napkin up and placing on my lap. "Thank you so much, and how long will I be staying in California?"

"Well you have a couple performances and shows out here, so I can't really say"

"Great" I bit my bottom lip, and grabbed my spoon looking at my soup. I don't plan on staying in LA for long, because I like to promote myself in other places but knowing how busy my life is I'm sure something will come up.