Chapter 12

Adrienne

"Wala, your done baby" 

I let my hands run through the recently done thick box braids that were on my scalp. "They feel so good"

"When celebrity wear braids, it's so amazing" Lawrence played with my hair, smiling. "Now Drake will really be over you"

"Chill out" I laughed, getting up from the seat and going over to my phone. 

"He hasn't made it official because..."

"There isn't anything to make official, plus" I stopped myself from continuing any further. 

"Plus what?"

"Nothing" I shook my head. 

"What mami?" Lawrence tapped my knee, looking at me. "Talk to me"

"I think I'm beginning to like someone"

His eyes nearly fell out the sockets. Lawrence held an expression like he wasn't expecting that to release from my mouth. "Hell no!"

"Ugh" I sighed, getting embarrassed all of a sudden. "Forget it"

"No, tell me. Who is it?"

"He's a friend, but I think I like him more than a friend" 

"It's not Drake" 

I shook my head 'no'. 

"Does this guy know you like him" he asked.

"Nope, and I'm scared to tell him"

It was true, I found myself starting to like Kyrie; but I was extremely scared for some reason. Never have I found myself in situations like these, so it was confusing.

"Scared for what boo?”

“Like I don’t want to look stupid” I flipped my braids aside. “If I tell him and the feelings aren't mutual then it might just get akward between us”

“But you never know unless you try and I honesty I think you should go with your instincts”

I slightly nodded my head. "I just don't want to jinx it though"

“If you feel he is the one, then go for it. Don’t rush it until you have full proof that he feels the same way.”

“Thank you” a small smile formed on my face.

Lawrence always knew the best advice to give, he even gave better advice than Drea, and she was the Queen of advice.

“Welcome mami. So am I ever gonna meet this special guy or do I already know him?” he questioned with his eyebrow raised.

Lawrence wasn’t the type that was into sports, so there was no way of knowing whether he knew Kyrie or not.

I shrugged my shoulders. "But you are the only one I've told" 

"Only one?" he questioned.

"Yes sir"

"I can't believe Adrienne finally likes someone"

"Are you serious" laughter escaped from my lips.

"Yes! About time" he waved his hands, laughing also. "All you do is work, so you never ever have time for guys"

"That is not true"

He gave me a 'please' look, and I just began laughing because he was so serious with it. I will take his advice though, and go with my instincts. Instead of rushing, I'll try to find the mutual connection because I feel something so hopefully Kyrie does too.